Add "Account" and "Category" columns to the "Bill and Income Reminders" page (9 merged votes)

Options
2»

Comments

• Lee Tumbleson
    Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please consider adding Source account and Destination account/category columns to the Bill and Income Reminders. Also, filters for this list would also be helpful (but not as helpful as the columns).
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    This Idea refers to the "Manage Manual Bills and Income" display from the Bills and Income tab, or Tools > Manage Bill and Income Reminders.

The Monthly Bills & Deposits tab has an Account to use column. It may make sense to add that to the All Bills & Deposits tab as well.

Note that the "Monthly bills & deposits" and "All bills & Deposits" tabs show different columns. The names of the tabs are not very clear IMO. Until recently I did not use the Monthly tab because I thought it was limited to reminders that repeat each month. Actually it shows all the reminders due in the selected month along with their status - overdue, paid/received, reconciled, etc and the actual or estimated amount paid or due. It is mostly for reviewing individual instances of Reminders.

The All bills & Deposits tab is more for reviewing and editing the Reminders and shows when each is next due, the interval, how many are left if there is a limit, etc.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Lee Tumbleson
    Options
    Even in the Monthly tab, you can't sort by "Account to Use". Why can't I sort by that column? I can sort by a lot of the columns in this view, but not Account to Use nor Method.
  • Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree that added columns and sortability would be very useful.
  • Peter Moore
    Peter Moore Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree. needing to change which credit cards to use and i have to look at them one by one. sorting would be so much easier (by "Account to Use")
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Since the images in my prior post are now blown away...In Bills & Income tab>Manage Manual Bills and Income button>Bill and Income Reminders window>All Bills & Deposits tab....

1.  In the Bill and Income Reminders table....Add "account to use" column.  Make this column sortable.  Make this column filterable. - My most important enhansement request.  

2.  In the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab,  make the already existing "Account to use" column sortable and filterable.

Going a bit further....

3.  In the Bills & Income tab>Bills, Income and Transfers subtab>Stack View filter, copy "bill type", "account to use" and "timeframe" filters to Biller Name view and Due Date view

4.   For those wanting a report format vs a UI format,  In the Reports and Graphs Center, add a standard report that mimics the All Bills & Deposits table (including the new "account to use column"....).  Allow for full customization of report. 

Reference:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7916606/find-all-scheduled-bills-using-credit-card#latest
  • Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Difficult to find all the recurring bills assigned to a particular credit card and that card gets canceled. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20283245
  • ArabianAz
    ArabianAz Member
    Options
    Would like to see the "From Account" field added so I could tell which account the payment is coming from. The field is part of the setup screen and should be carried over to the Bill and Income Reminder screen.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you looked at the Projected Balances view, also under the Bills & Income tab? It shows future reminders and the name of the "Account to use".

• mputman007
    mputman007 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I love that all of these comments are basically supporting this feature. Scooterlam's comments from July 22 show the best example of how to implement this.

Unfortunately, this topic has been out here for many years and Quicken doesn't seem to care what users here want. They just keep guessing making the GUI more difficult to use when they have brain dead engineers redesign it every couple of years.
  • MA-W
    MA-W Member
    Options
    Adding "Account to Use" in the Bill and Income Reminders is REALLY IMPORTANT and a huge flaw in current Quicken product. How many people have to request this before anyone at Intuit listens to what their customers want?
  • Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to underscore Scooterlam's request way back in July. As I look ahead to budget from which account I want to pay, such a column would save me the trouble of going to "Edit future transactions." Maybe with the next version, please?
  • xlnja
    xlnja Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spot on @Scooterlam . Thanks for clearly explaining what we need.
  • rwb0rree
    rwb0rree Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please implement the Account Use field on the Bill and Income Reminder tab. Seems like a no brainer.
  • wiiiindy
    wiiiindy Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is nuts. Why can't we add and subtract columns of our choice as in a register? Then you are in control instead of begging for changes to the program that may or may not happen in the next 10 years.
  • Lee Tumbleson
    Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
    Options

Please add a column for 'Account' to the list of 'All Bills & Deposits'.

I'd like to be able to display the account that will be used and also be able to sort by this column so that I can get a better picture of which accounts have schedule transactions.

I have over 50 recurring transactions from at least 10 accounts. I currently keep track of this in a spreadsheet. This is unnecessary when this column could be displayed.

Thank you.

• kvander51
    kvander51 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

It would be very helpful if there was a column in the Manage Manual Bills and Income screen showing the account from which a bill is scheduled to be paid (or to which the income is deposited). Thank you!

[Merged Post]

• Jim_Harman
    edited July 2023
    Options

If you switch to the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab, the account to use is shown there. But I agree it would be a nice improvement.

There is an existing Idea on this topic at

[Merged Post]

• Lee Tumbleson
    Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
    Options

This would be SOOOO easy to add to the program. Almost no effort to add this column.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

If you go to Bills & Income > Projected Balances, there is a sortable list of all upcoming Reminders including the account to use. Unfortunately I do not know of a way to print the list, only the graph.

• Lee Tumbleson
    Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Jim, that kind of accomplishes the goal, but not really.

That shows all payments for a time period. If I have weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual payments, it's all jumbled up.

I'll have 52 of the same weekly, 12 monthly, 4 quarterly, for each 1 annual payment.

The programming effort, to add ACCOUNT, to the Bill & Income Reminders pop-up would be very minimal.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I too would like to see the Account name for each Reminder in the Bill & Income Reminder List. But I haven't seen any convincing evidence that such a change would be easy. That List has been around for a long time and may well be difficult to change - as are some of the other old Quicken features - I'd guess "legacy code" issues could make changes difficult in many of Quicken's older features.

In the meantime, there is already a Quicken display that shows the Account for each Reminder.

The Quicken Home tab has a widget named "Bill and Income Reminders" which offers the option to "Show accounts in Bills list".  That Home tab widget has also been around for a long time, but it has had the "Account to Use" column for all (or most) of that time.

Reminders can be selected, and Edited, Skipped or Entered, from the "Bill and Income Reminders" Home tab widget.

[I believe the Home tab "Bill and Income Reminders" widget would be even more useful if it could be sorted on its "Account to use" column.]

-JP

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Lee Tumbleson
    Lee Tumbleson Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I appreciate the feedback, but this is not a difficult upgrade. Pointing me to crude alternatives is not my intent, I am aware of most features. I've been a Q user since the early 90's. I was even on a Beta team in the mid-90s.

The "All Bills & Deposits" tab pulls data from the exact same source as the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab. It's the same data source, and even the same display mechanism, just sorted differently and showing different columns.

If a programmer were to actually read this post, he/she/they could implement this faster than I was able to write this post.

• YesRushGen
    YesRushGen Member ✭✭
    Options

Echoing other users comments - please add the option to display Account on the Bills, Income & Transfers tab. We are already given the option to "Show Memos for Bills." - this should not be a difficult feature to add.

Thank you,

Kelly

• majorgear
    majorgear Member ✭✭
    Options

Another vote for adding this column. I just switched my main spending account to a different institution, and needed a list of autopay bills that I need to move to the new institution to avoid failed payments(kind of important thing!).

I had to read through each bill and manually filter for the ones on the old payee. Not fun.

Let's get the column added so people can stop scrolling through payees and focus on managing their finances.

• KAP478
    KAP478 Member ✭✭
    Options

Totally agree. So how do you remember which bill accounts that need a Credit card update? Literally you would have hand write down those accounts that's in the Bill and income reminders on paper. Then go on the individual websites and change the info. One at a time