Additional question about the current USAA/Quicken issues

At USAA/Quicken direction, I deactivated 3 USAA accounts and re-activated with USAA ...NEW. It took HOURS (1/29) to get it to respond. Two accounts (checking and credit card) connected with transactions only 180 days back. (They also have wrong account names.) I have spent HOURS with Quicken support person; latest is they might solve this with me by Thurs 2/4. Has anyone else had this 180-day glitch as part of this whole USAA current issue? My Quicken renews 3/2, and I am sadly thinking i will drop. SO FRUSTRATED. Thanks

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you re-activated did you link the downloaded transactions to the exiting ones?
    It sound like you didn't and instead created new accounts, and they got the 180 days of transactions.  Your old accounts with all your old transactions should still be there.

If that is the case what I suggest you do is move the old transactions that are missing in the new accounts to them and then delete the old accounts.  You can also then rename the new accounts.  Watch out for the Opening balance transaction in the new accounts, it will have to be removed since you will be adding transactions before it, including the old opening balance from the old accounts.

Here is how to move transactions.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  Actually you might want to remove all or the transactions in the new account with the exception of the transactions that aren't in the old account.  The reason is because these new download transfers might no be categorized correctly like the ones are in the old accounts.
    Signature:
  • Barry T
    Barry T Member ✭✭
    Sadly, I am also considering to let Quicken go. I have used Quicken for more years than I can remember and was their biggest cheer leader. I am a retired Certified Financial Planner (CFP) who provided accounting, tax, and retirement planning services. I used Intuit's Pro Series tax preparation software. This thing with USAA is ridiculous and beyond frustrating. I have waited until this morning to attempt another deactivate/reactivate process in hopes that it will work.
  • We are having repeated problems with Quicken and getting information from USAA. I've gotten several error messages, including CC-501 and CC-503, along with an OL-294-A. Additionally with very long hold times (one hour +) on at least 3 different occasions, we apparently have been locked out of our account from multiple sign on attempts. I've had to attempt to sign on so many times because the damn thing won't work. When is this going to be corrected?

On 2/2, USAA said Quicken had reported a continuing problem and USAA advised me to try again over the next day or two. Well, I have and now it appears I've been locked out.
  • wknapek
    wknapek Member ✭✭
    If this is not fixed by the weekend I will say goodbye to Quicken after over 30 years of using. Not customer friendly anymore. However, I have had problems over the years with USAA and their "security upgrades".
  • BarbNY
    BarbNY Member ✭✭
    Thank you all. Yes for some years, USAA and Quicken have been unhappy partners; not my first time at this rodeo either. Chris, I don't think I was given option to "link transactions" during their prescribed process, and it isn't something we should have to do. HOWEVER, thanks for the tip and info; makes sense. I will wait until 2/4, when they call me back. If they don't have that or other solution, I'll dig in. Thanks again all.
  • Corey J
    Corey J Member ✭✭
    MINE IS FIXED!
    I deactivated online services for all 8 of my USAA accounts in the "Account Details". This must be done one at a time. I restarted Quicken. I set up Online Services again but this time I clicked on the get a special ID and PIN from USAA for use only in quicken option. It took me to my USAA login, I logged in, entered my code from my text message, and then the USAA website page gave me a special ID/PIN for Quicken use only. I've never done it this way before. I used that in quicken and now all my accounts updated. There were some balancing issues as I've been dealing with this for a week and have partial downloads of the activity. Now all my online balances match my balance. I was ready to quit Quicken. I hope that helps.
  • BarbNY
    BarbNY Member ✭✭
    Hi Corey, Thanks. All that you've described is what I did (New access ID and PIN issued on USAA site --then back to Quicken....). Unfortunately, I ended up with the only 180 days back when reactivated.
  • PTGuy
    PTGuy Member
    I am unable to follow through on the USAA fix as all five USAA accounts tell me that I can't proceed because there are downloaded transactions that need to be accepted into the account register. There are no new transactions to accept in any of the accounts.
  • gbmaynard
    gbmaynard Member ✭✭
    I've been through what many have described above, so won't repeat here. The question I can't seem to get an answer to is this: When I click the icon to update accounts, a popup screen appears, with a field in which to enter my USAA "password". Is the "password" my usual "password" for logging into my USAA account, my USAA PIN, or my new Access PIN? I've tried all three, but, of course, that results in being locked out for making too many attempts. Aaaargghhhh!
  • AFN
    AFN Member ✭✭
    This is so frustrating. I've been with USAA for 50 years and maintaining my credit card and checking account on Quicken for Windows (QW) for at least 15 years. The problems of the past week are totally out of character.
    Last Friday I received the notice about the new servers, or whatever, and tried to follow the disconnect/reconnect to UFSB-New instructions. The instructions didn't work for me but I kept trying and eventually got things to work. Account downloads worked as usual over the weekend. Then starting on Monday I have been receiving a OL-301-A error when I try to update. I am running Quicken for Mac (QM) in parallel as I plan to switch over sometime this year. QM gets a "Download Error (2000)" when I try to update.

HELP!
  • raardvark
    raardvark Member ✭✭
    I deactivated and reactivated as directed. All but one of my accounts at USAA were reactivated. But one of them does not show up in the list of accounts that can be linked to Quicken. This has persisted over 3 days of attempts. How can I get that last account to link?
  • wknapek
    wknapek Member ✭✭
    I am able to sync all accounts except my checking. I get an OL-301-A error. Anybody else getting that?
  • BC707
    BC707 Member ✭✭
    I don't see my problem here. I have deactivated my accounts in Quicken and have followed the instructions for connecting to USAA Federal Savings Bank - NEW to get my Access ID and Access PIN. I allow USAA to give access to Quicken (I have notifications on USAA.com that access has been granted), then I am taken to the "Here are your Access ID and PIN" page where I see my Access ID but there is NO Access PIN! Has anyone had a solution to this?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BC707 said:
    I don't see my problem here. I have deactivated my accounts in Quicken and have followed the instructions for connecting to USAA Federal Savings Bank - NEW to get my Access ID and Access PIN. I allow USAA to give access to Quicken (I have notifications on USAA.com that access has been granted), then I am taken to the "Here are your Access ID and PIN" page where I see my Access ID but there is NO Access PIN! Has anyone had a solution to this?
    See if this helps:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20152231/#Comment_20152231
    Signature:
  • dalecooper
    dalecooper Member ✭✭
    USAA still returns -504 error even after updating to "New" Bank server.
  • BC707
    BC707 Member ✭✭
    I can't find out how to continue the thread with Chris_QPW, but here's the follow-up to your post. The linked-to comment did not help. I have tried Direct Connect and Express Web Connect. I am eventually taken to the page that has the Access ID and Access PIN but the Access PIN is blank. Every time I get the same Access ID, and every time the Access PIN is blank.
  • nivekeel
    nivekeel Member ✭✭
    > @"Corey J" said:
    > MINE IS FIXED!
    > I deactivated online services for all 8 of my USAA accounts in the "Account Details". This must be done one at a time. I restarted Quicken. I set up Online Services again but this time I clicked on the get a special ID and PIN from USAA for use only in quicken option. It took me to my USAA login, I logged in, entered my code from my text message, and then the USAA website page gave me a special ID/PIN for Quicken use only. I've never done it this way before. I used that in quicken and now all my accounts updated."

I had to to this last week when this problem was happening and wasn't corrected after a few days. Now it's happening again.
    I really don't want to go through the whole time consuming and pain staking process again because it took several hours to finally get it to work.
    Also, keep in mind that the Direct Connect ID and PIN are the same but will time out if not used within a certain timeframe after being redirected to log into USAA to get the ID and PIN.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BC707 said:
    I can't find out how to continue the thread with Chris_QPW, but here's the follow-up to your post. The linked-to comment did not help. I have tried Direct Connect and Express Web Connect. I am eventually taken to the page that has the Access ID and Access PIN but the Access PIN is blank. Every time I get the same Access ID, and every time the Access PIN is blank.
    Well on that page being blank, two things come to mind.
    When I first went to set this up I got a blank page. What I ended up doing is opening a new tab in my web browser and logging in.  As soon as I logged in it gave me the page to allow it, and this time when I selected it I got my Access ID and Access PIN.

The second part is something everyone should be aware of.  USAA is taking the servers down at times (hopefully to fix these problems), they are down right now.

There isn't anything anyone can do to make it work.  People should stop "troubleshooting" and just try it at another time.
    Signature:
  • wmiller
    wmiller Member ✭✭
    Very frustrated with USAA and Quicken. I reset all of my USAA accounts when the problem first appeared using the new Access ID & PIN and all worked well until today. Received an error on update this morning. I logged on to the USAA website and Quicken was no longer showing under my Connected Apps. So I started over again - deactivated online services and then started activation. Clicked the link to get Access ID & PIN, went to the USAA website and completed the process. The ID & PIN were different than the ones I had gotten earlier. Quicken now shows as a Connected App on the USAA website. Back to Quicken and I enter the ID & PIN. It spins a few seconds and then asks me for an account PIN. I've tried 0000 (which it says to use if PIN not required) and I've tried the PIN that was previously setup for my account. Neither work. What are we supposed to use for that second PIN prompt?
  • dccrens
    dccrens Member ✭✭
    Same here. I was able to deactivate and read my accounts. Had them all working yesterday. Thin this morning none of them will DL. And, I can't deactivate them again as USAA doesn't respond to quicken. This is a USAA issue, not a Quicken issue. I tried leaving them comments in the USAA Communities blog but even that is F'd up. I'm leaving USAA but staying with Quicken.
  • TomSHEB
    TomSHEB Member ✭✭
    Well, the OL-294-A problem went away, but still not a clean download of transactions. Still getting pending transactions. What a pain to try to keep my account reconciled. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP WITH THIS!!
  • Hookerd
    Hookerd Member
    Trying to set-up the direct connect to my USAA accounts and after several hours of effort I restored back to my last reconciliation and so far have been unable to re-establish the download process. My credit card account doesn't appear on the list I get during the set-up. I'm questioning now if I need Quicken enough to slog through this. It has worked good for many years but...
  • Skipper
    Skipper Member
    There is an additional problem with setting up Direct Connect with USAA. For users with more than one USAA credit card, the "fake" account numbers being used by USAA make it impossible to correctly link those accounts to existing accounts in Quicken. USAA needs to go back to reporting actual account numbers (last few digits) so that Quicken users can link properly to their existing accounts. Alternatively, USAA can show the match between actual account numbers and "fake" numbers on the USAA Member's web site.
  • MLG_Vegas
    MLG_Vegas Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    > @wmiller said:
    > It spins a few seconds and then asks me for an account PIN. I've tried 0000
    > (which it says to use if PIN not required) and I've tried the PIN that was
    >previously setup for my account. Neither work. What are we supposed to use
    >for that second PIN prompt?

I attempted to reconfigure the Direct Connect using my previous access code and PIN (the ones you get by logging in to USAA). In doing this, I initially got the second PIN prompt. Entering 0000 did not work, as you experienced.

However, I then requested new credentials and entered those. When I did this, I did not receive the second PIN prompt.

I am unsure if it was the new credential request that prevented the second PIN prompt or if the second PIN prompt error is sporadic in nature.
  • MLG_Vegas
    MLG_Vegas Member ✭✭
    After multiple attempts, I have been able to establish the Direct Connect for my accounts (2 checking, 1 savings, 1 credit card) with USAA. However, I am still unable to sync to Quicken Cloud.

There is no error prompt but after a sync attempt Quicken returns to the screen where you select which accounts to sync. The password field for USAA is highlighted on the screen, indicating a bad password.

Has anyone had success reestablishing the cloud connection?
  • wmiller
    wmiller Member ✭✭
    So this is crazy but my original (created Jan 28) Access ID & PIN now work and the one I created yesterday still gives a 2nd PIN prompt which I can't get past. So I'm back to using the original one. What a mess. I fully blame USAA for this - they have forgotten that good security is also supposed to be unobtrusive.
  • wmiller
    wmiller Member ✭✭
    > @MLG_Vegas said:
    > After multiple attempts, I have been able to establish the Direct Connect for my accounts (2 checking, 1 savings, 1 credit card) with USAA. However, I am still unable to sync to Quicken Cloud.
    >
    > There is no error prompt but after a sync attempt Quicken returns to the screen where you select which accounts to sync. The password field for USAA is highlighted on the screen, indicating a bad password.
    >
    > Has anyone had success reestablishing the cloud connection?

See my post above that I am now working with Direct Connect. However, I gave up on cloud connection a long time ago. It is too sketchy and inconsistent. And the apps still lack the functionality I would use.
  • MLG_Vegas
    MLG_Vegas Member ✭✭
    > @wmiller said:
    > > @MLG_Vegas said:
    > > After multiple attempts, I have been able to establish the Direct Connect for my accounts (2 checking, 1 savings, 1 credit card) with USAA. However, I am still unable to sync to Quicken Cloud.
    > >
    > > There is no error prompt but after a sync attempt Quicken returns to the screen where you select which accounts to sync. The password field for USAA is highlighted on the screen, indicating a bad password.
    > >
    > > Has anyone had success reestablishing the cloud connection?
    >
    > See my post above that I am now working with Direct Connect. However, I gave up on cloud connection a long time ago. It is too sketchy and inconsistent. And the apps still lack the functionality I would use.

@wmiller
    Interesting that changing to the first set of credentials prevented the 2nd PIN request for you when it did the opposite to me. Evidence the 2nd PIN popup is not related to which set of credentials used.

Understand you don't personally use the Quicken Cloud feature, but I'm hoping to. Has anyone else had any luck getting this re-activated?

Good luck reestablishing services everyone.
  • RE-activated like everyone suggested but kept getting an error (OL-295-A).

I am serving overseas (Iwakuni Japan). Had the same problems mentioned above. @editfish suggested a VPN.

Yep... That fixed it. Turned on my free VPN (Proton VPN) with a USA IP address. Everything downloaded perfectly. Turned it off, failure, turned it on again, worked perfectly. The VPN lag is only about a minute more for all my accounts (7 from 5 different institutions) to downloads than normal. The new USAA servers are the only ones with problems - not my other accounts that download to Quicken.

Now we have to figure our why USAA is rejecting Quicken inquiries from overseas. But at least now I have a work around.