How to turn off the pop up explanations in the register.

Wes Brockway
Wes Brockway Member ✭✭✭

I'd like to turn off these pop up tips that show when you hover over an icon. For example Save over the save icon or Split over the split icon. I haven't seen how to do this in Preferences.

12 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe you can turn them off @Wes Brockway just try to avoid them. Even with the tips displayed it should not interfere with the button, just click on a different part of the button

• Wes Brockway
    Wes Brockway Member ✭✭✭
    I do try to avoid them but the pop up tip covers so much of the icon it is difficult to get the hand where I can click to activate it. This is a very annoying "feature" to me. Certainly I can and have worked around it but it would be nice to be able to turn them off.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Wes Brockway,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your Idea request.

Ideas are reviewed by our Development and Product teams to see what features people would like to have available in the future. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom26041
    Tom26041 Member
    I agree with @Wes Brockway. There should be an option to turn off these annoying tool tips. They can be worked around as @YingDave noted, but typically cover most of the icon and then you need to move to the uncovered portion, if you can see it at all, to activate the tool.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. These popups were introduced because the Developers wanted to give the User the explanation of the Icons that were replaced, word Icons, like Save and Attached. If the word, popped up, the icon is clickable.., even with my bad eyesight.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• mgbtv
    mgbtv Member
    Not everyone likes these, including me. Please offer an option to disable. Thanks!
  • bluesgene
    bluesgene Member ✭✭
    Yes, give us the option to shut these annoying popups off, or make it so the popups DON'T cover the icon we're trying to click on.
  • Richard Young
    Richard Young Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, the popups are good for the visually impaired, but they interfere with my use of quicken.  They cover most of the icons and prevent me from selecting the icon.  It is extremely difficult to find a space that will allow me to select the icon.  I have lost entries because I can't save them.  Please the ability to turn off the popup tips.
  • Navjr
    Navjr Member
    I agree as well, I have been a quicken user for more than 20 years. The popups are very annoying, they interfere with the fluidity of saving transactions. There should be an option to disable or they should appear where they do not interfere with the button we are trying to click on. This problem was reported almost a year ago, I can't believe nothing has been done to correct it yet!
  • rick r
    rick r Member
    agree, long-time Q user here
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are all aware, I assume, that you can save a transaction by simply pressing Enter (or CTRL-Enter, depending on setting*) instead of mouse-clicking.
    When using the mouse, you have reached the "Save" (or any other) icon the moment the mouse pointer changes from an arrow to a hand pointer.

(*) Edit / Preferences / Data Entry / "Use Enter key to move between fields", when enabled you need to press CTRL-Enter to save a transaction.
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Me too!
  • annoying calendar popup :p
  • RodC
    RodC Member
    please fix these! It's especially annoying because one can put the cursor over the save button and see it change from arrow to the hand, but then it changes back to an arrow as the prompt pops up under it. This has caught my wife numerous times as she thinks she's clicked to save it, but the functionality had disappeared before she clicked. The prompts don't even have to be disabled, just fix where they appear-don't cover the button and change the mouse function!