I can't enter an account. I'm being told its a brokerage account when its not

Options
I'm trying to add a loan for a tractor. I select tools, add account, type in Kubota. Quicken finds it. I click on it and fill in on all the information. Quicken errors out saying "Express Web connect does not support transaction download for brokerage accounts. To activate transaction download for this account: Click add account and select brokerage as the account type" I had this account in the application but it was somehow shown as paid off, as did a mortgage I was tracking. I was able to re-add the mortgage but can't re-add this loan

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @RichJS

Can you confirm that the name of the company your loan is with is "Kubota Credit Corporation" ?  Also you said:
     I had this account in the application but it was somehow shown as paid off, as did a mortgage I was tracking. I was able to re-add the mortgage but can't re-add this loan
    which sounds like the tractor loan account had been already setup in Quicken sometime previously, but it was removed/deleted along with a different (mortgage) loan in Quicken - is that correct?  If so, is there any "connection" between the "mortgage loan" you and the tractor loan - for example are they both with Kubota? 

Have there been any other "odd" things happening with your Quicken file, either at the time that both loans disappeared or just lately?  Do you use Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the web?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RichJS
    RichJS Member ✭✭
    Options
    First, yes, Kubota Credit Corporation. Second, yes, a house loan and this loan showed up as paid off. The two accounts are not connected. One was with Chase (house) the other with Kubota (tractor). Well the app has a hard time keeping my transactions straight between my accounts. I have 4 accounts with Capitalone, and sometimes a transfer from account one to account two shows up as account 1 to account 3. This is using the update feature. I rarely enter anything manually anymore. I should note though that I have several transaction names for these accounts. Ex: transfer to X, transfer from X, just transfer, transfer from x to y. So that issue could just be my fault for having so many naming rules. I set up quicken mobile/web but do not and have not used it for a long time. It didn't seem to keep track of things well. I noticed both showed paid off about 3 weeks ago. Thank you
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @RichJS

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • RichJS
    RichJS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Errors were found but this did not resolve the issue. Specifically on several loans it indicated first that it repaired the account, then found an invalid transaction and removed it.

None have to do with that account I'm having trouble with. Again, quicken is indicating that a regular loan account is a brokerage account. Thanks for help
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @RichJS

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

It sounds like we may need to collect logs to figure out why exactly it's recording as a brokerage rather than a loan - It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support instead. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.