The required Last Name field is missing in pop ups presented while adding Navient Loans. How to add?

When adding Navient Loans, Quicken accepts Username and Password. It then presents a popup for SSN, followed by another popup for DOB, but there is no popup for last name. (Last Name is required for Navient on [Removed], and as per the thread above on the Mac version of Quicken.)

This answer for Quicken on Mac does not work on windows since each field is presented in a separate popup: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7883532/navient-loan-account-not-linking

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Gregg Kessloff

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

When I attempt to add an account with Navient Loans using fake credentials, I am presented with a "Sorry. We encountered an error. (it's not your fault.)" This error should return an incorrect login or password message. This issue will most likely require an escalation to correct.

If you haven't already please contact Quicken Support to provide your log files and open an escalation.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with support.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you maintain the loan as an offline account: select Tools > Add Account..., select Offline Account, and Loan
  • BTnoo
    BTnoo Member
    thanks, but it is clear Navient works with quicken direct connect (Mac version and Mint) and this is a software error of missing pop up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTnoo said:
    thanks, but it is clear Navient works with quicken direct connect (Mac version and Mint) and this is a software error of missing pop up.
    Navient Loans only supports the Express Web Connect connection method on Windows.  If you're wedded to using a less functional online activated loan account, I suggest you contact Quicken support and wait for issue to be addressed: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Otherwise, as I suggested earlier, I suggest you maintain the loan as an offline account: select Tools > Add Account..., select Offline Account, and Loan
  • Quicken is still not able to connect to Navient Loans. What is the issue? This has been going on for months.
  • ThomasJefferson
    ThomasJefferson Unconfirmed, Member
    The original issue in this string is exactly right...the most recent version of Quicken does not provide a pop-up for "Last Name" which WAS provided in an earlier version, resulting in a failure in setting up the account. To tell us to add it and handle it manually is a slap in the face for users that paid good money for this software, especially when it WAS working previously and now is broken. THIS NEEDS TO BE ESCALATED WITHIN QUICKEN SUPPORT...do they realize how many Quicken users have student loans, i.e. this is a BIG problem for many of their users. Perhaps move to Quick Books or another software that can get their connectivity correct?
  • Gregg Kessloff
    Gregg Kessloff Member ✭✭
    Is there not someone moderating this group? I have not seen a response yet.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Gregg Kessloff

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

When I attempt to add an account with Navient Loans using fake credentials, I am presented with a "Sorry. We encountered an error. (it's not your fault.)" This error should return an incorrect login or password message. This issue will most likely require an escalation to correct.

If you haven't already please contact Quicken Support to provide your log files and open an escalation.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes with support.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Gregg Kessloff
    Gregg Kessloff Member ✭✭
    Thank you for responding, but I have previously worked with Quicken support and provided log files, and was advised that it was a problem with Navient and I should contact them. Obviously, you can guess, Navient stated they didn't have an issue. On several occasions I also submitted support requests with log files directly from Quicken and never heard back from anyone. If you are able to reproduce the issue, why can't you escalate this?
  • evmoser
    evmoser Member
    I have also gotten the run around from both Quicken and Navient support, with no clear reasoning as to why this error is occurring other than each company's support team stating that it is the other company's problem. After spending nearly an hour with quicken support, uploading log files, and then being told to "try again in a week", I still cannot connect my Navient account to Quicken (this is after waiting multiple weeks). Some sort of clarification or ETA on when this will be resolved would be appreciated.
  • mrovne
    mrovne Member ✭✭
    It's finally fixed!
This discussion has been closed.