Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Match with posting date

Why is it that when you do matches, there's no option to use the posting date instead of the date you put into the register?
This should be an option.

Best Answer

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    The posting date comes from the downloaded transaction, so there is nothing in any manually entered transactions to match.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • If you do "match transactions", it finds a list of transactions that have downloaded. (By name/amount). But when you tag a specific transaction to match it to, it doesn't use the posting date. It uses the date you put in as a reminder that was entered or a manual transaction added that is posted as "uncleared".
    It would be nice to have an option to allow this "match transaction" with the actual posting date instead of what you put in.
    Otherwise, you get transactions that are not using the bank's posted date and I like to keep it clear and in order.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Here is an example of why the two dates should be different.  You buy something at the store and write a check on day 1.   Its a small business and the owner gets around to depositing the check a week later and then it takes a day or two to hit your account at your bank, so the posting date is day 9.
    Why would you want the record of that purchase to be day 9 versus day 1 when you took possession of the purchase?
    Same thing happens with credit card purchases, the transaction date is rarely the same as the posting date since the business doesn't automatically post the transactions to the CC company in real time, but batch process them probably the next day.  Credit card records also show a transaction and posting date.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • I understand your point. That's why I say there should be an OPTION to use posting date instead of transaction date.
    Currently, I have to change the date to the posting date manually.
    I prefer my quicken register to MATCH line for line on my bank account register.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @Techieferret To create a suggestion that people can vote on submit an "Idea".

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ok. Got it done. Thanks.