Quicken Mac does not export Tax Schedule to .csv

This is a known problem and has been for years. I created a custom Tax Schedule (Only Schedule D, for specific accounts) and then went to export. The "Export to .csv" button is available (not greyed out), and it brings up the Mac Finder dialog box to choose a file and location to export to, but when I hit OK, nothing happens. This is a system bug . . . the chat line was able to duplicate my problem. Does anyone have a workaround?  Running 6.1.1 under Mac OS 10.14.6

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm on MacOS 10.15.7 with QMac 6.1.1 (build 601.37924.100) and have no problem exporting a filtered Schedule D report to CSV following your steps.

I did have to give QMac permission to access my Desktop folder (where I saved the file) and I suspect that MacOS security settings might be the problem you're having...

I can't remember if these settings were needed in 10.14.6 which you're running... but go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and then give QMac "Full Disk Access" (add it if not there, and put a checkmark in front of it), or see if you can add it to the Files and Folders group and give it access to the areas where you would save your CSV file.  Strangely, I had to give permission to save the CSV to my desktop, but did not have to give permission to save to my Documents folder.  Both worked fine though.

Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It works fine for me as well. Quicken 6.1.1., macOS 10.14.6. Are you sure it isn't putting it in a location other than where you're looking? That is, I think it defaults to Documents, but maybe try your Desktop.

Also, where is your Quicken data file located? On your local hard drive? Odd things happen when people trying putting the data file in Dropbox or iCloud. (If it's on your Desktop or Documents, also make sure in macOS System Preferences for iCloud that you don't have iCloud Drive storing your Desktop and documents folders on iCloud.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • EPK29
    EPK29 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to you both, but it does not seem to be working. I gave Quicken full disk access (although it shouldn't need it, because that's just for admin functions) and rebooted. Data file lives in Documents; iCloud does not back up Documents folder (or Desktop). I can go all the way through to hitting "Save", but the file doesn't show up anywhere. (I checked Recents to see if it landed in a strange place and searched for type:csv; no joy). I CAN save backups (to pretty much anywhere, including online locations), and always have been able to do so. And if I try to do a .txf export, I still get the 38-byte file.
  • EPK29
    EPK29 Member ✭✭
    Update: It must have had something to do with the filters. I WAS able to export a full, unedited "Tax Schedule" for last year. I could also export a report limited to 3 specific accounts, but with no other filters. When I went further an limited it to Schedule D, however, it did not export (it DID show up on the screen, so it's not that it doesn't know how to do those filters at all). That is, again, weird, because the Sched D info IS in the report for the 3 accounts (but no schedule/category filters).

So I'm OK (if frustrated a bit), but the developers should look at this.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @EPK29  Glad you found a way to get it. You should use Help > Report a problem to submit a bug report. Provide the description you did here about how to reproduce it. No one from development will read this thread to discover the issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • EPK29
    EPK29 Member ✭✭
    Reported. Thanks again for your help.