Why don't future scheduled transactions download from Bank of America as they did in other releases?

Options
In prior Quicken for Mac versions my scheduled transactions would download. Now they do not download until the day they post. I'm running Build 6.1.1 with Mac 10.13.6. I have settings at all transactions
Thank you

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @dianejenuleson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, I would just like to gain some clarification first in order to better assist you further.

Are the scheduled transactions you are referring to scheduled bill pay payments that are set up through the bank? Also, which connection type are you using to download transactions (Quicken Connect or Direct Connect)? You can check by navigating to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner of the register, then in Settings, navigate to the Downloads tab.

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dianejenuleson
    Options
    Hello Anja
    Replied to the email , but to let you know I made the transaction on the B of A website.
    I have Quicken connect.
    Thanks for your help
    Diane
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for your response and additional details.

I believe that the reason why these scheduled transactions are no longer downloading would be because of Quicken Connect, as these transactions types usually only download when using Direct Connect as your connection type.

However, Bank of America has discontinued Direct Connect for new users (users who have not used Direct Connect in the past). If you have used Direct Connect in the past, you can try switching your connection type to Direct Connect and see if it will allow you to connect and download those scheduled transactions. To do so, please follow the steps below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. In Settings; navigate to the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account to deactivate the account (if there are more than one account; repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account connected to Bank of America)
    4. Once deactivated, navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the account(s) that you previously deactivated (if there are more than one account type then choose Checking)
    5. Use the search field at the top of the financial institution list to find and select Bank of America, then click the grey Options button
    6. Select Direct Connect and click Continue
    7. Follow the prompts to sign in using the same login credentials associated with your online Bank of America account
    8. If the account(s) have been found successfully - use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken (if applicable; choose Ignore for any accounts you wish to leave out of Quicken)

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• dianejenuleson
    Options
    Thank you Anja , this worked !
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    @dianejenuleson Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.