I have been having problems downloading transactions from many different financial institutions

Since the end of December 2020 not all accounts are updating and it shows no error and no problem on my part. One account I have with Chase Visa just started not updating in January 2021 again with no errors. I chatted with a rep from Chase and was told that with their new security features 3rd party apps must get authorized and that if I give my ID and password to Quicken any fraudulent activity on that account would not be covered. The funny thing about this is that I have another Chase Visa card that is still updating correctly. Now I have 3 accounts not updating and if all financial institutions follow suit I see no reason to use Quicken.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ANTHONYDISANTO

I apologize that you are not seeing the option and that you have not yet received a response. 

Not all financial institutions support the Direct Connect connection method.  If this specific institution does, there are two places where you can switch the connection method in Quicken.

Option 1. Go to the Tools menu > Account List option and click the "Edit" button to the right of the account name.

In the window that opens, select the "Online Services" tab and there will be a section in blue that talks about your financial institution supporting a improved connection method.

Click on the "Click here to find out more and get set up" link to get started.

Option 2.  When adding an account, if alternate connection methods are available, the "Advanced Options" button will appear in the lower left corner of the enter financial institution login credential screen.

Clicking on Advanced Options will open a new screen where the preferred method may be selected.

If neither of these options appear, then there's a good chance your specific financial institution does not support alternate connection methods, however, if you would care to share the name of the financial institution, we would be happy to check our master list to see what methods are supported.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ANTHONYDISANTO,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

First, I would just like to gain some clarification in order to better assist you further.

Could you please provide which connection method you are using to connect to Chase (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)? Also, are you receiving any error code(s) and/or message(s) when attempting to update these accounts?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• QUICKEN DELUXE R31.12
    Express Web Connect
    no error codes
    I noticed some of my accounts are using Direct Connect and some are using Express Web Connect
    How do you change the connection method?
    Thanks
    Anthony
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @ANTHONYDISANTO Thank you for your response and additional information, though I apologize for the delay in mine.

Please, follow the steps below to change the connection method.
    1. Right-click the account you which to make changes to and select Edit/Delete Account
    2. The Account Details window will open, then navigate to the Online Services tab
    3. Click Deactivate 
    4. Once the deactivation completes, click Set up Now...
    5. You should receive a screen asking you which connection method you would like to use (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect), if so, select your desired connection method and click Next (if you receive a sign-in screen instead, then select Advanced Options in the bottom-left corner next to the Cancel button)
    6. Follow the prompts to sign in and connect using your financial institution's login credentials
    7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each account you wish to change the connection method for
    I would also like to add that if you are changing the connection method for multiple accounts connected to the same financial institution (that also use the same login credentials), you can follow steps 1 through 3 to deactivate each account and reactivate them all together at once through Add Account by navigating to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name, then click Advanced Options to choose which connection method you wish to use, and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ANTHONYDISANTO
    ANTHONYDISANTO Member
    edited February 2021
    [removed - privacy]

I do not get an option for Express or Direct Connect and there is no Advanced Options by the Cancel button.
  • I have not received a response about
    I do not get an option for Express or Direct Connect and there is no Advanced Options by the Cancel button
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @ANTHONYDISANTO

I apologize that you are not seeing the option and that you have not yet received a response. 

Not all financial institutions support the Direct Connect connection method.  If this specific institution does, there are two places where you can switch the connection method in Quicken.

Option 1. Go to the Tools menu > Account List option and click the "Edit" button to the right of the account name.

In the window that opens, select the "Online Services" tab and there will be a section in blue that talks about your financial institution supporting a improved connection method.

Click on the "Click here to find out more and get set up" link to get started.

Option 2.  When adding an account, if alternate connection methods are available, the "Advanced Options" button will appear in the lower left corner of the enter financial institution login credential screen.

Clicking on Advanced Options will open a new screen where the preferred method may be selected.

If neither of these options appear, then there's a good chance your specific financial institution does not support alternate connection methods, however, if you would care to share the name of the financial institution, we would be happy to check our master list to see what methods are supported.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.