Question about a BACK UP DISC

Britt
Britt Member
edited February 2021 in Before you Buy
Do I need to order a add on BACK UP DISC? What is the main function of this Disc and what is on it? Can I not back up my records to my on computer or a external hard drive? What is the difference of having a Backup Disc or not? Who has one who does not and who has had one and does not now that can advise me if I need to purchase this add on please? Thank you very much in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    When you purchase Quicken - for download -
    you can optionally request a CD that has the Quicken installation program.
    You can always just log into your Quicken.com account
    and download the same thing.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sort of "Back up disc" are you talking about?  One to re-install Q? 
    Or one to backup your Q data onto (which doesn't require any special disk).  I backup onto a USB drive
    If you're talking about a disk to re-install (it sounds like you initially downloaded Q), you can easily just copy the downloaded install file to a USB, or burn it to your own CD.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Britt
    Britt Member
    Thank you, I was wondering if I should purchase the ADD ON Disc Back up with the purchase of my quicken program, and what exactly was it for.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    When you purchase Quicken - for download -
    you can optionally request a CD that has the Quicken installation program.
    You can always just log into your Quicken.com account
    and download the same thing.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Britt
    Britt Member
    Thank you
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Britt said:
    Thank you, I was wondering if I should purchase the ADD ON Disc Back up with the purchase of my quicken program, and what exactly was it for.
    Where are you buying Quicken from? There is no add-on backup disc unless you are buying from some place that wants more of your money. Maybe buy elsewhere.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Britt
    Britt Member
    From the actual Quicken.com original site, where I sent the question to this forum through. If one is not yet a Quicken customer, and I have not been since the updated pay per year, there is a reduced price offer through today and a box to check for 4.99 if you want to add on a Quicken back up Disc. I did not know if it was really needed or not or if the same thing could be done personally through my own options. Or if it was best to get their back up CD. It is not shown offered if one already has Quicken installed as I do now after purchase.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess even today some people feel that they need CD in hand.  Of course you can always just save the install file on any media that you like, and get it from either logging into your account or this link:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Now that the subscription controls using the program, they have no reason to "hide" the install program.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Britt said:
    From the actual Quicken.com original site, where I sent the question to this forum through. If one is not yet a Quicken customer, and I have not been since the updated pay per year, there is a reduced price offer through today and a box to check for 4.99 if you want to add on a Quicken back up Disc. I did not know if it was really needed or not or if the same thing could be done personally through my own options. Or if it was best to get their back up CD. It is not shown offered if one already has Quicken installed as I do now after purchase.
    Hi @Britt ,

See this procedure if you ever need to reinstall:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

I know from experience, that the CD that comes with Quicken Retail from a store other than Quicken, the CD turns to a brick. It can't be reused to install Quicken,

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.