Can't successfully display OSU Summary without deleting "runtime.dat" file

I have about 15 different accounts (mix of EWC and DC).

I've noticed that the last few days that the OSU Summary does not display correctly unless I delete or rename the appropriate "runtime.dat" file for the Quicken data file I am updating.

Without deleting the "runtime.dat" file, the OSU appears to complete as usual, but then the OSU Summary screen shows only the results for the EWC accounts.

After deleting the runtime.dat file, I seem to get an accurate OSU Summary.

I'm on version 31.12.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I have seen this behavior recently with the OSU Summary, as well.  What I've noticed is it happens only when the box for "Show just the last update" is checked.  If this box is unchecked then all the DC accounts will also show up in OSU Summary.
    With QCS Connection Channel the DC accounts will update first and EWC accounts will be updated right afterward.  Maybe Quicken is thinking they are 2 separate updates instead of two facets of the same single update process so it is only reporting the EWC accounts because they was updated last?  If so, the Quicken team should probably fix it.
    I don't recall ever seeing it with FDS Connection Channel (before I got migrated to QCS) but with FDS the EWC accounts would start to update first and DC account updates would start later in the process but run in parallel with the EWC account updates.  So, maybe Quicken sees both as being part the the same singular update process?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boatnmaniac said: I have seen this behavior recently with the OSU Summary, as well.  What I've noticed is it happens only when the box for "Show just the last update" is checked.
    I noticed the same thing - and had the same thoughts..... That Quicken was performing the update as TWO different tasks, depending upon DC and EWC accounts - and therefore the Summary would look different - along with the [x] Show Just Last....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've tested this and at least on my file this issue happens both ways (with and without the "Show just the last update" box checked.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @DisplacedHoosier

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a follow-up response.

If you have not done so already and open Quicken and go to the Help menu > Report a Problem. 

This report will not receive a direct response, however, this report will be used for investigative and research purposes.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.