Not Receiving Ally Bank Verification Text

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: CC-501 with Multiple FIs.

Comments

• lswov
    lswov Member
    my issue is with Ally bank and not downloading transactions. I tried the fix discussed in previous convo to deactivate the acct and then reactivate by logging back on and linking the acct. The problem is when I enter my logon info Ally prompts me for a phone to to text me a verification code. I select my cell phone no but the text never comes to my phone?? Tried several times with the same result so cannot proceed???
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @lswov,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you don't mind, I'd like to start off by having you create a new (test) file to see if you experience the same issue in a new file as well. In doing so, we will be able to determine whether or not this is caused by an issue within your current data file.

Follow the steps below to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    2. Select New Quicken File.Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows
    3. Click OK.
    4. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to easily be able to tell it apart from your main file. Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for WindowsDon't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
    5. Sign in with your Quicken ID (if prompted). If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 
    6. Select to not use Mobile (if prompted).
    7. Click Add Account to try adding the account you are experiencing this issue with in your original file

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problem in this test file. From there, you can then switch back to your original file. 

Follow the steps below to switch files:

1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    > @lswov said:
    > my issue is with Ally bank and not downloading transactions. I tried the fix discussed in previous convo to deactivate the acct and then reactivate by logging back on and linking the acct. The problem is when I enter my logon info Ally prompts me for a phone to to text me a verification code. I select my cell phone no but the text never comes to my phone?? Tried several times with the same result so cannot proceed???

I'm experiencing the same issue. Be careful not to try too many times, I had to call Ally because too verification code requests will lock your account.
  • Curtis88
    Curtis88 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja, I tried creating a new quicken file, same error with Ally. The problem seems to be on Quicken's server. I can login to Ally through my browser just fine. While in the browser, I double-checked and my phone number used for verification is correct. It seems as if the Quicken server is not passing my request for a verification code.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Curtis88,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion as well as for trying it in the test file, though I am sorry to hear that you received the same result in the test file.

In that case, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting. Our support agents may need to collect and review your log files to investigate the root cause of the issue and possibly file for an escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for being unable to resolve this for you from here in the Community.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.