Proper protocol to use the mobile app

I am using the up-to-date Quicken subscription on a Windows 10 machine. I have six checking accounts that I manually enter transactions and daily download and match with the bank on all six using express web connect. If I want to use the mobile app and sync the of the six accounts, should I discontinue the web express for those three accounts?. By doing this and manually entering on the desktop or the mobile app, will the mobile app download and match transactions from the bank on those three accounts?

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Alan Devan

Thank you for the response and the additional details. At this time, there is one way to enable accounts to sync to the mobile app. There are no variations to this setup, just the initial instructions here.

If you were experiencing duplicate transactions, you would then need to perform the usual troubleshooting to resolve the issue. 

The first step in resolving duplicated transactions is to reset the cloud.

If you are seeing transactions in the Mobile App that are duplicates of existing ones, reset your cloud data:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
     https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

I hope this helps to clarify!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Alan Devan

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question.

It is not necessary to disconnect or make connectivity changes to sync to the mobile application. The accounts just need to be enabled to sync.

To learn more, please see the steps and information available here

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Alan Devan
    Alan Devan Member ✭✭
    The previous attempts I had at using express web connect and Quicken Mobile caused major problems of duplicate transactions. I was using the update feature on the desktop to download transactions from the bank and matching them with transactions I had manually entered. I did this about every 2-7 days. I also would use the mobile app to enter transactions and then sync up with the desktop. Everything seemed to work ok until I started seeing duplicate (2+) transactions in the mobile app and/or when I updated using the desktop. What I would like to do is very simple as described below.

Manually enter all my transactions including acct to acct transfers via the desktop or mobile app and then every 1-7 days retrieve cleared transactions from the bank and match them against the ones I entered manually. And, once a month reconcile using the bank statement. I'm needing the protocol to do what I've just described. I'm beginning to think I should sync the accts for Quicken Mobile and not update transactions from the bank because Quicken Mobile will bring in the cleared transactions and when I run sync from the desktop it will matchup with the manually entered transactions. Do you have a detailed protocol to do what I have described?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Alan Devan

Thank you for the response and the additional details. At this time, there is one way to enable accounts to sync to the mobile app. There are no variations to this setup, just the initial instructions here.

If you were experiencing duplicate transactions, you would then need to perform the usual troubleshooting to resolve the issue. 

The first step in resolving duplicated transactions is to reset the cloud.

If you are seeing transactions in the Mobile App that are duplicates of existing ones, reset your cloud data:

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon Troubleshooting Issues with the Quicken Mobile App in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
     https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

I hope this helps to clarify!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.