Unable to sync USAA account on mobile

This discussion was created from comments split from: Error CC-501 When Trying to Add USAA Federal Savings Bank to Mobile & Web.

Comments

• captkirk
    captkirk Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue. It was actually working fine for the first few weeks after I switch to using the access ID and PIN but then it all of a sudden stopped working.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @captkirk

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like we may need to resync to the mobile and web so that we're able to get your account back up and running. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

Across the top select Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Reset your cloud data. 

Once you've done this you should be able to get your account back up and running on mobile. If you're not able to let us know and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Tman
    Tman Member ✭✭✭
    Since the USAA security update my Quicken Mobile will not sync with USAA Federal Savings Bank. When you click on "Fix It" it says "We are unable to connect to zzz-USAA Fed Savings Bank at this time. Please try again later. So, I reset my data cloud and no joy PLUS now it won't connect to Regions Bank! It just says "enter your credentials".
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco,

I am also having the exact same issue as @ARsnic & @CaptKirk for many weeks now - finally got USAA-New interface w/Qkn desktop working perfectly, but suddenly couldn't connect Qkn desktop to Mobile/Web...but it ONLY doesn't connect for USAA accounts. Cloud reset did not work.

On 2/22/21 Quicken Anja explains in another thread that "This error is being caused by USAA's new servers blocking access to our Mobile and Web Cloud sync which is why the connection is currently unavailable. Our teams are aware of this issue and are still working with USAA to set up the Mobile/Web connections for the new USAA instance. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on when a solution will be available."

Curious as to how we can know when the fix has been implemented? Do we just keep blindly trying to connect it every so often and/or keep coming back to this thread? Or is there a way to be proactively notified?

Thank you...
  • jlvermont
    jlvermont Member ✭✭
    wow maybe this is why I've spent two days trying to get my usaa accounts added to cloud sync. I have gone around in circles. I can see many errors in the log file (SOAP authentication errors.... SOAP? Is this 1990? :) ), mapping errors . They are thrown every few seconds. But the "updating accounts" status is still spinning an d spinning. I even left it on over night and it crapped out at one point.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for the response and the additional details. If you have not done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review the steps here.

If the trouble persists, after completing these steps, I would report a problem from within the mobile app.

This is located under the menu in the top left. You can then select "Feedback" to email the mobile team directly.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • jlvermont
    jlvermont Member ✭✭
    I've relayed the detailed error info from the logs to USAA tech support who sent them on in a ticket to the highest level of tech support. She noted that they already looked at it while we were still on the phone. Quicken's authentication process (unrelated to user login/pw) with the USAA APIs is failing. Hope this helps move things forward!
  • captkirk
    captkirk Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Francisco and Quicken_Tyka. I've tried all these ideas who on the phone with Quicken support and nothing has worked.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that the original thread for this problem already had this post from @Quicken Sarah about problems with syncing to Mobile/Web with USAA (as in it is blocked/API problems):
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20158406/#Comment_20158406

The first comment in this thread as split off most likely because wasn't about syncing to Mobile/Web.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Tim Reichwein
    Tim Reichwein Member ✭✭
    Latest update seems to have caused USAA to no longer be synced with mobile & web. Yet USAA still downloads fine with the desktop app. Any suggestions?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.