My download from RBC of a new stock purchase shows on the register but the new stock does not show i

Options
Brock2021
Brock2021 Member ✭✭
I checked the watch list and everything seems ok. What am I missing

My download from RBC of a new stock purchase shows on the register but the new stock does not show i
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's unclear what you're referring to here.
    I take it that when you download from RBC you are receiving a legitimate "Bought" action with the date of purchase, name of security, number of shares and per share price, and that the transaction does enter correctly in the transaction list?
    Are you saying that you can't see the stock when you click on the "Holdings" button within the Account itself, or are you referring to "Portfolio View" that comes up when you click the Investing Tab and then "Portfolio?"  (Or maybe even some other place.)
    If it's not showing up in "Holdings" that does seem very odd and at least suggests some sort of file corruption.  If it's not showing up in "Portfolio View" that usually can be solved by clicking Options > Customize current view... > Securities and then making sure that security is selected.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's unclear what you're referring to here.
    I take it that when you download from RBC you are receiving a legitimate "Bought" action with the date of purchase, name of security, number of shares and per share price, and that the transaction does enter correctly in the transaction list?
    Are you saying that you can't see the stock when you click on the "Holdings" button within the Account itself, or are you referring to "Portfolio View" that comes up when you click the Investing Tab and then "Portfolio?"  (Or maybe even some other place.)
    If it's not showing up in "Holdings" that does seem very odd and at least suggests some sort of file corruption.  If it's not showing up in "Portfolio View" that usually can be solved by clicking Options > Customize current view... > Securities and then making sure that security is selected.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Did you buy RBC on a US stock exchange (so that it would be denominated in USD)?
    Or on a Cdn stock exchange (CAD)?
    Is the particular investment account in CAD or USD?
    Are you running QW US?  Or QW Can?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.