Want to downgrade, but keep old data set

Last time around I accidentally got Home and Business version, which is way more than I need, and my subscription is due now. I DON'T want to renew at that rate (over $100) as I use almost none of the features. Can I downgrade to a more modest version and still keep my data set that has got years worth of info I still value?

Best Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes.  The same data file will just open directly in a lower version - simply without the features of the higher version.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Except if you have Investments - as the Starter version will not support them...
    I happen to use Deluxe - and it does everything I need....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes.  The same data file will just open directly in a lower version - simply without the features of the higher version.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Except if you have Investments - as the Starter version will not support them...
    I happen to use Deluxe - and it does everything I need....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• anncooper2839
    anncooper2839 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to both people who answered. The replies were helpful. I will go back to Deluxe, which is what I meant to get when I goofed before. No investments to worry about.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that given all the restrictions on the Stater version it is almost never the right version to select.  And given that you can go to a retailer like Staples or Best Buy and get Deluxe for $42 it really shouldn't be much of a decision.  Note if get it from one of these make sure it isn't marked for new users only.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.