FYI: Quicken.com will have maintenance tonight, 5/17/21, from 9-11pm PDT. During this time, you may not be able to access Quicken.com pages. Please try again after this maintenance period.

Want to downgrade, but keep old data set

Last time around I accidentally got Home and Business version, which is way more than I need, and my subscription is due now. I DON'T want to renew at that rate (over $100) as I use almost none of the features. Can I downgrade to a more modest version and still keep my data set that has got years worth of info I still value?

Best Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Yes.  The same data file will just open directly in a lower version - simply without the features of the higher version.
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Except if you have Investments - as the Starter version will not support them...
    I happen to use Deluxe - and it does everything I need....
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Accepted Answer
    Yes.  The same data file will just open directly in a lower version - simply without the features of the higher version.
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Except if you have Investments - as the Starter version will not support them...
    I happen to use Deluxe - and it does everything I need....
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • anncooper2839
    anncooper2839 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to both people who answered. The replies were helpful. I will go back to Deluxe, which is what I meant to get when I goofed before. No investments to worry about.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that given all the restrictions on the Stater version it is almost never the right version to select.  And given that you can go to a retailer like Staples or Best Buy and get Deluxe for $42 it really shouldn't be much of a decision.  Note if get it from one of these make sure it isn't marked for new users only.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.