In my Quicken register, how do I schedule a transfer between accts to show automatically each month?

Options
Twice monthly, the 1st and the 15th, my bank automatically transfers the same amount from my checking account into my savings account. Each month I must manually enter those transactions into my Quicken register. How can I set it up so that Quicken automatically enters the transfers for me each month, similar to how it can automatically enter my paycheck deposit each month? (I don't want Quicken to do the transfers at my bank, just show the transfers in my register without having to manually enter them each month.)

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Rhobson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can schedule Transfer Reminders by navigating to the Bills & Income tab > Income & Transfers > click Add on the top-right > Transfer Reminder (see below).

You will then be prompted to enter the Description (aka Payee name). Once you have entered the Description you will be able to fill out the rest of the transfer details (see below).

Click "(change)" next to the date displayed to change the schedule details. 

You can also click Optional Settings at the bottom of the Add Transfer Reminder window, then click "(change)" next to "Remind me...", then select "Automatically enter the transaction in the register" if you wish for the reminders to auto-populate in your register when they are due (see below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Rhobson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can schedule Transfer Reminders by navigating to the Bills & Income tab > Income & Transfers > click Add on the top-right > Transfer Reminder (see below).

You will then be prompted to enter the Description (aka Payee name). Once you have entered the Description you will be able to fill out the rest of the transfer details (see below).

Click "(change)" next to the date displayed to change the schedule details. 

You can also click Optional Settings at the bottom of the Add Transfer Reminder window, then click "(change)" next to "Remind me...", then select "Automatically enter the transaction in the register" if you wish for the reminders to auto-populate in your register when they are due (see below).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Rhobson
    Rhobson Member
    Options
    Thank you, this is the solution that I was looking for. I didn't want just a reminder, I wanted Quicken to automatically enter the transaction, and although I found how to complete the "reminder", I didn't realize that I could change the reminder to automatically enter the transaction under the Optional Settings. Thank you again.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @Rhobson You're welcome! Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that helped. :) 

-Quicken Anja