Is Quicken 2014 available?

Hello, I have been using Quicken 2014 for many years on an old laptop. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? I have a current data back up on a thumb drive. I do not have an installation CD, nor does my new laptop have CD drive.

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Probably only available on ebay.
    If you do find it, you can copy the CD to a thumbdrive using a different computer and installing it from the thumbdrive.
    Once installed, you will need to download/save/execute the last patch release for QW2014 from this link.  Quicken Patches

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    There is no "basic" version of Quicken these days.  There is Starter, but if the subscription expires, it goes into READ-ONLY mode, so I don't think it is a good version for you.
    You could try to find a copy of 2017 which is the last US version prior to subscription, therefore it does not have a subscription that will expire.
    Any newer version of Quicken can and will work with your QW2014 data file.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Probably only available on ebay.
    If you do find it, you can copy the CD to a thumbdrive using a different computer and installing it from the thumbdrive.
    Once installed, you will need to download/save/execute the last patch release for QW2014 from this link.  Quicken Patches

• JesseS
    JesseS Member
    First off thank you for the lightning fast response! If I upgrade to the new version of basic quicken will I be able to import my data from my thumb drive backup of quicken 2014? The old computer is practically dead but at least I have the thumb drive back up. I don't need all the fancy on line features I am just trying to save all these years of data I have collected.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    There is no "basic" version of Quicken these days.  There is Starter, but if the subscription expires, it goes into READ-ONLY mode, so I don't think it is a good version for you.
    You could try to find a copy of 2017 which is the last US version prior to subscription, therefore it does not have a subscription that will expire.
    Any newer version of Quicken can and will work with your QW2014 data file.
  • JesseS
    JesseS Member
    I went with the Deluxe it was cheaper than the starter for the first year. All my data transferred over seamlessly. Thank you for the valuable information.