Prompted for Ally Invest credentials upon every one-step update

bmvaughn
bmvaughn Member ✭✭
A few months ago I tried to add Ally Invest to my list of accounts and it was not successful. Believe this was during a period where the CC-501 errors were happening.

Problem now is that I'm prompted for User/PW during EVERY one-step-update and none of them can ever find my Ally Invest account (just my Ally Savings and going through setup never seems to link the accounts, even though I specify everything correctly).

How do I remove this prompt? I'm fine managing them manually and not trying to download new transactions, but I am so tired of getting prompted to set up an Ally Invest account during every one-step-update cycle.

[Edited for Readibility]

Best Answer

• bmvaughn
    bmvaughn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Appears that what solved it was hitting Ctrl+Shift while clicking to set up the account connectivity, there were some not-well-designed screens that took me through account setup and I no longer get that error. Very odd.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @bmvaughn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you don't want to continue downloading transactions and continue manually managing the accounts; have you tried simply deactivating the accounts from Online Connected Services? If needed, please follow the deactivation instructions found in this support article.

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bmvaughn
    bmvaughn Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe D32.10 Build 27.1.32.10

The accounts do not show as activated with Online Connected Services, that's the issue I'm facing is that I'm stuck in a loop and I cannot deactivate.
  • bmvaughn
    bmvaughn Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Appears that what solved it was hitting Ctrl+Shift while clicking to set up the account connectivity, there were some not-well-designed screens that took me through account setup and I no longer get that error. Very odd.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the additional information.

Could you please navigate to Tools > Account List and on the bottom left, check the checkbox for Show hidden accounts. From there, check and see if you have any hidden accounts that may be connected causing this pop-up.

Let us know what you find! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    bmvaughn said:
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found a solution to your issue. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.