Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I export data from my Thrift saving plan account?

Trying to add my TSP account to quicken for investment tracking. I can't figure out how to export the data from TSP to quicken.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited March 24
    If I recall correctly,you can't.  Because the Trustees of TSP have never signed the contract with Q/Intuit to allow such.
    You can download and import the quotes ... with a fair amount of work ... but not the transactions.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NotACPA
    Mint & Personal Capital do screen scrapes of the TSP website, with your permission but NOT TSP's permission or knowledge.
    Q's business model requires that TSP (and any other financial institution) sign a contract before data transfers can occur.
    BUG TSP to sign the contract.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately TSP does not even allow export of transactions to CSV.  I usually use screen shots to copy the information and then manually enter it.  Even more unfortunate, you have to choose between displaying shares or dollars!  So it takes 2 screen shots to get the information needed.  This is just TSP being archaic.  
    It is possible to work between separate windows: Quicken's Enter Investment Transactions and the TSP transaction display to copy & paste the necessary data.

(and by the way, don't blame the messanger with unhelpful ratings.  We are all just other users here.  @NotACPA is just summerizing past posts of user experiences.)
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • NotACPA
    jrich75 said:
    (and by the way, don't blame the messenger with unhelpful ratings.  We are all just other users here.  @NotACPA is just summarizing past posts of user experiences.)
    Actually, I'm reporting on my experience with my ex-wife's account at TSP ... and multiple, more recent,  past posts that have confirmed the same.

• Jim Hobin
    Jim Hobin Member ✭✭
    I have been downloading share prices from the TSP site in CSV format for a number of years. I create a macro that moves the data to the correct columns for Quicken ingest. This worked up until a week or so ago. Now it says there are "no valid prices found to import". I even tried to import file that previously worked and it gave me the same error. Wondering if they changed the import schema?