Double downloading

I have been working on taxes and began noticing credit card online vs Quicken balances differ. Upon investigation, I have found a number of items appearing twice in Quicken--no wonder they don't balance. I was used to trusting Quicken, but guess I will need to check each account in detail every time I download. Please fix!

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited March 23 Accepted Answer
    @Joe25 and @EllenFR

Thanks for letting me know. Our teams are aware of the duplicate transaction download issue and are working with our service provider on a resolution, though we do not have an ETA on when that will be. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue and we appreciate your patience, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @EllenFR

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• EllenFR
    EllenFR Member ✭✭
    I couldn't recreate the error. It downloaded only one month of transactions in my Verizon Visa account and failed to duplicate the last entry like it did in the real account, so I guess we didn't learn anything.  I remember deleting one instance of a double entry for takeout at McDonald's in the Costco Visa credit card, so it doesn't seem to be account related.  I finally gave up and entered error corrections in each of my  4 credit cards and my USAA bank account.  My PNC bank account had no errors.   I will be more diligent about downloading weekly and double-checking balances, and if I find anything I can replicate I will be back in touch.  If you have any ideas in the meantime, please let me know.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20166395#Comment_20166395

See this issue discussed here as well. Still going on
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited March 23 Accepted Answer
    @Joe25 and @EllenFR

Thanks for letting me know. Our teams are aware of the duplicate transaction download issue and are working with our service provider on a resolution, though we do not have an ETA on when that will be. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue and we appreciate your patience, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • hhrosen
    hhrosen Member
    I have been having this issue since USAA changed their download security with Quicken in the end of January. It's been > 2 months of duplicate downloads. USAA tech rep has nothing to say on this issue. Two months of having to delete duplicate transactions is a little much