Double downloading

EllenFR
EllenFR Member ✭✭
I have been working on taxes and began noticing credit card online vs Quicken balances differ. Upon investigation, I have found a number of items appearing twice in Quicken--no wonder they don't balance. I was used to trusting Quicken, but guess I will need to check each account in detail every time I download. Please fix!

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    @Joe25 and @EllenFR

Thanks for letting me know. Our teams are aware of the duplicate transaction download issue and are working with our service provider on a resolution, though we do not have an ETA on when that will be. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue and we appreciate your patience, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco

Hello @EllenFR

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• EllenFR
    EllenFR Member ✭✭
    I couldn't recreate the error. It downloaded only one month of transactions in my Verizon Visa account and failed to duplicate the last entry like it did in the real account, so I guess we didn't learn anything.  I remember deleting one instance of a double entry for takeout at McDonald's in the Costco Visa credit card, so it doesn't seem to be account related.  I finally gave up and entered error corrections in each of my  4 credit cards and my USAA bank account.  My PNC bank account had no errors.   I will be more diligent about downloading weekly and double-checking balances, and if I find anything I can replicate I will be back in touch.  If you have any ideas in the meantime, please let me know.
  • Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20166395#Comment_20166395

See this issue discussed here as well. Still going on
  • Quicken Francisco
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    @Joe25 and @EllenFR

Thanks for letting me know. Our teams are aware of the duplicate transaction download issue and are working with our service provider on a resolution, though we do not have an ETA on when that will be. Once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you for bringing awareness to this issue and we appreciate your patience, though I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • hhrosen
    hhrosen Member ✭✭
    I have been having this issue since USAA changed their download security with Quicken in the end of January. It's been > 2 months of duplicate downloads. USAA tech rep has nothing to say on this issue. Two months of having to delete duplicate transactions is a little much
  • crab16
    crab16 Member ✭✭
    It's July 2021 and I'm still having this problem...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    crab16 said:
    It's July 2021 and I'm still having this problem...

Are you always downloading using One Step Update? Or do you occasionally switch to downloading a QFX file from the bank's website?
    Do you have problems downloading which require a frequent reset or deactivate/reactivate process?
    Do you have problems with Quicken unable to correctly create linked transfer transactions based solely on downloaded transaction data?
    Do you rely on Quicken to automatically create correct register transactions based solely on downloaded and automatically accepted transaction data?
    Which banks are you having problems with?
    More details would be helpful. Maybe someone can pinpoint your specific problem.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For the USAA credit card, only USAA can fix the problem, and they seem to be in no hurry to do so no matter what they claim.

One has to assume that either they don't care/not a priority with them (Quicken users are in fact a very small percentage of their users) or they are incompetent.

Either way I would say that only real good solution is to switch to another credit card.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • 1jetlag
    1jetlag Member
    I use VISA and USAA as well. Same problem. I have been with them for 65 years. I'll quit Quicken first.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    1jetlag said:
    I use VISA and USAA as well. Same problem. I have been with them for 65 years. I'll quit Quicken first.
    That is fine.  Everyone has to decide what works best for them.

Their is literally nothing Quicken Inc can do about this problem.  Quicken can't make up or change the data that USAA is send to it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.