How to download transactions for JP Morgan Chase investment accounts beyond 30 days?

I have setup my JP Morgan Chase investment accounts in Quicken Premier (Windows, Subscription version), and Quicken was able to download transactions for 30 days. However, it created a lot of placeholder entries for trades older than 30 days. How can I force Quicken to download more / older transactions?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
  • KRSheth
    KRSheth Member
    While this works for Bank (Checking, Savings) accounts, JPM does not have QFX export for investment accounts.
  • jo18
    jo18 Member ✭✭
    Still a little confused. Does JP Morgan allow download of all brokerage accounts. There is no problem downloading bank info on the Chase side of JPM.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    KRSheth said:
    While this works for Bank (Checking, Savings) accounts, JPM does not have QFX export for investment accounts.
    Sorry, but it's the bank/brokerage/card/etc that decides how far back a Q download can go.  30-90 days is customary.
    It's also JPM that decides whether to support downloads initiated FROM their website.  Q has no control over this.
    I'd suggest that you pull out your most recent statement from JPM, and manually input those older POSITIONS, and their cost basis, and then you can delete the placeholder transactions.  And, it should only have created placeholders for positions that are currently open.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    jo18 said:
    Still a little confused. Does JP Morgan allow download of all brokerage accounts. There is no problem downloading bank info on the Chase side of JPM.
    As explained in the FAQ, the financial institution decides on the availability of transactions that may be imported directly into Quicken.   As to whether JP Morgan allows the download of all brokerage accounts directly into Quicken, I suspect the answer is no.  Of the eight JP Morgan financial institutions Quicken is aware of, five indicate they support investment accounts and one indicates they support 401K accounts.  Note: One of the five may no longer be available.