Adding a Custom "Schedule" for transactions (Q Mac)

Currently under the "Schedule" Transaction the Bill reminder only allows the user to select: Once, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly with some additional pull downs.

What would be nice is a Custom Schedule Reminder.
Example: My state DMV lets you register a vehicle (trailer) for three years. Its such a long time between events it would be nice to have that come up in the next three years vs a yearly reminder (only allowable function available). Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    @pactaz  You can easily schedule a transaction for once every three years in Quicken Mac. You can set it for yearly and set it to Every 3 years:

or you can set it to Monthly and set it to every 36 months:

Editing to add: The developers sought to make the scheduling screen seem simple and not overwhelming to users, so in their infinite wisdom, they hid most of the controls with the little triangle next to the Starting date. This trips up many people, but the developers are yet to either make the fields show all the time, or change the little triangle to a "More Options" button which would make things more apparent.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    pactaz said:
    Perfect responses--totally missed the tiny carrot
    @pactaz You and thousands of other Quicken Mac users! ;)  Believe me, this question comes up on this forum at least once a week. Sometimes the developers just try to get too clever.they hid some of the options to avoid overwhelming and confusing users, and endied up confusing many users who don't find what they had hidden.  If they simply replaced that little carrot/triangle/arrow icon with a button or link that said "More Options…", you'd invariably have clicked on it and figured it out right away. 

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think you might be able to do this in a different way, at least you can in Windows.
    Select Monthly and then in the Every box put in 36 months.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an example of what I use for Oregon's 2 year registration.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• jacobs
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    @pactaz  You can easily schedule a transaction for once every three years in Quicken Mac. You can set it for yearly and set it to Every 3 years:

or you can set it to Monthly and set it to every 36 months:

Editing to add: The developers sought to make the scheduling screen seem simple and not overwhelming to users, so in their infinite wisdom, they hid most of the controls with the little triangle next to the Starting date. This trips up many people, but the developers are yet to either make the fields show all the time, or change the little triangle to a "More Options" button which would make things more apparent.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well that is a one up on the Windows version.  In the Windows version there is Yearly, but no place to put in a number.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    Chris_QPW said:
    Well that is a one up on the Windows version.
    Let's check the leaderboard…
    Windows 157, Mac 23
    ;)
  • pactaz
    pactaz Member ✭✭✭
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    pactaz said:
    @pactaz You and thousands of other Quicken Mac users! ;)  Believe me, this question comes up on this forum at least once a week. Sometimes the developers just try to get too clever.they hid some of the options to avoid overwhelming and confusing users, and endied up confusing many users who don't find what they had hidden.  If they simply replaced that little carrot/triangle/arrow icon with a button or link that said "More Options…", you'd invariably have clicked on it and figured it out right away. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    :wink:

This discussion has been closed.