Downloaded transactions disappear (Q Mac)

Vsgkc2
Vsgkc2 Member
Recently downloaded transactions disappear after I close and reopen Quicken for MAC

Best Answer

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Vsgkc2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. How long have you been experiencing this trouble? Did you experience any changes that you can recall prior to this issue occurring?

Can you also please verify the file location? Storing an active data file on a cloud or network drive may cause the behavior you have described.

https://www.quicken.com/support/locating-data-files-quicken-mac

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Vsgkc2

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. How long have you been experiencing this trouble? Did you experience any changes that you can recall prior to this issue occurring?

Can you also please verify the file location? Storing an active data file on a cloud or network drive may cause the behavior you have described.

https://www.quicken.com/support/locating-data-files-quicken-mac

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • SLLuaces
    SLLuaces Member ✭✭
    I have had a similar problem with Quicken Windows. However, I have had very old transactions disappear. I recently spent weeks manually reconciling my checking account back to 2009. I found several seemingly random transactions that were no longer in my Quicken account. I am not sure when transactions started disappearing because I had various "balance adjustments" from failed attempts to reconcile within Quicken. Situations where I just gave up trying to solve the mystery.

A few days ago and again, today, when I reconciled within Quicken, I needed to use the Excel file I created for the twelve years worth of manual reconciliation to find the missing transactions. Today's problem was a vanished transaction from ten years ago. It vanished during the few days since my previous reconciliation.

Since I have been using Quicken for decades I have over 10,000 transactions. I have read that there are no size limits on a quicken file other than hardware constraints. Could I have exceeded a previously unknown limit? My data file is stored on my laptop's internal hard drive.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    SLLuaces said:
    I have had a similar problem with Quicken Windows. 
    @SLLuaces I don't mean to cut you short here, but the differences between the database in Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows is so significant that you should probably post about your Quicken Windows issues in on e of the Windows sections of this forum. It's unlikely that the original poster's issue has anything to do with yours. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.