Lost entries

Qkn 2007
Qkn 2007 Member
I'm using a Mac with Quicken 2007 updated as far as I can and now when I open the app it is showing 2005 rather than all my currant data

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Qkn 2007

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. While Quicken doesn't doesn't support 2007 anymore I would recommend adding a screenshot so that other users are able to see exactly what is happening. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac#latest

Note: You may need to add the photo by dragging into your response box. 

Once you get a chance let us know more so we're able to see what exactly is happening.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Qkn 2007   First, have you rebuilt the account indexes (Command-Option-B)? When the index suffers corruption, Quicken 2007 is prone to not displaying all dates or displaying dates out of order. Rebuilding the indexes clears this right up. In my waning days using Quicken 2007, I had to do this fairly often (perhaps once a month).

If that doesn't change anything, there seem to be two basic possibilities: (1) somehow you opened an old version of your data file rather than your most recent one, or (2) the Quicken 2007 database, which is prone to sometimes having hiccups which lose data, has suffered some corruption costing you data. In the case of the former, it's just a matter of figuring out what file you currently have open, and locating your actual most recent file. In the case of the latter, hopefully you have backups which pre-date this problem -- Quicken-generated ones, Time Machine or other data backup -- and you'll need to restore your backup and carry on from wherever that file left you off. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.