Notes on Budgets (Q Mac)

:( Is there a way to put notes on budgets? When I have very unusual expenses, I would love to put down explanatory notes. For example, if I receive unexpected income for a month, I would be able to write a note about the actual reason for the unexpected income. I realize I can add detail through category choice and in the memo, but I would love a more all-inclusive ability to take budget notes for each month. It would be very helpful in future planning.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 5 Accepted Answer
    @ongosslake  No, there is no place in the Quicken budget for you to enter notes. There is an existing Idea thread requesting this functionality, and I encourage you to click on this link [CORRECTED LINK: click here] to add your vote and add your comment about what you'd like to see and how you would use it. The more votes Idea topics get, the sooner they are passed to the development team; the comments help the developers understand why customers want the feature and expect to use it. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    edited April 5 Accepted Answer
    @ongosslake  No, there is no place in the Quicken budget for you to enter notes. There is an existing Idea thread requesting this functionality, and I encourage you to click on this link [CORRECTED LINK: click here] to add your vote and add your comment about what you'd like to see and how you would use it. The more votes Idea topics get, the sooner they are passed to the development team; the comments help the developers understand why customers want the feature and expect to use it. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that link is to a Windows Idea thread.  Might need another for Quicken Mac.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    edited April 5
    @Chris_QPW Thanks!

@ongosslake Oops, yup, that was the wrong link. There's only one I'm aware of for adding notes/comments to a budget for Quicken Mac… trying again… click here.

Add your vote and your comment, either for this proposed way to do it or any alternate way you think might be better or more helpful.