why does Quicken change the name of my bank account

Options
shelly102
shelly102 Member ✭✭
All of a sudden I'm having  a problem where two of my accounts were renamed N/A.
I tried the file validation routine but that did not do anything and there were no errors reported in the log. 
I went back to previous backups, some a month old when I know the accounts were named properly but when restored Quicken renamed those two accounts N/A.
Have seen some other threads out there about the N/A renaming. Is this some kind of recent bug. 
What's going on? 

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @shelly102

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • shelly102
    shelly102 Member ✭✭
    Options
    As I wrote, before I posted my issue, 
    “I tried the file validation routine but that did not do anything and there were no errors reported in the log.”
    Perhaps you missed that part of the issue in my post. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    An N/A is an absolute indicator of file corruption .... so if the initial validation didn't help, try a SuperValidation.
    Basically the same process as a regular validate ... but hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys from the moment that you click "Validate and Repair" until you see the word Supervalidating.
    IF that doesn't help, your remaining option is to restore from backups (using successively older backup files) until you find one that doesn't exhibit the issue. 
    Then Validate that file, run downloads to pickup what ever data was lost when you used the older backup (if any) and manually input any remaining, needed, data.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• shelly102
    shelly102 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Super validate didn’t work but all the data appears to be intact so I simply renamed the accounts from N/A to a slightly different name than they were before the problem and I hope to be ok now.
     Thanks 
This discussion has been closed.