Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Subscription Model

Hello,
I'm a 20 year quicken user, but I'm new to the Mac subscription model. I don't use all the bells and whistles on quicken, but I do value the ability to download from financial institutions. Can you tell me the most cost effective way to maintain this functionality? Thanks.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's pretty simple, actually. The software is now sold on a subscription basis. You need to maintain a subscription unless you want to use the software completely manually. So determine which Quicken you need -- probably Quicken Deluxe -- and buy a subscription from Quicken or a retail site. (You can often find discounted deals for an initial subscription, although Quicken seems to be clamping down on getting full-price for renewals.)

It doesn't matter much which features of Quicken you do or don't use. If you track investments, and you want to download your banking and/or investment transactions, then you need Quicken Deluxe. Quicken Starter doesn't handle investments; Quicken Premier only adds online bill payment and priority queuing for support calls.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993