Attachments to registers

When I attach a receipt to a register transaction (Through the desktop application on my laptop). Where is that stored at? Do I have to go through the quicken application to access that receipt? Why does that attachement not show up on the mobile application on my cell phone?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Attachments are stored, encrypted, inside your .QDF data file. The only way to retrieve them is via the Quicken desktop application.
    If you have not yet done a lot of attaching, my recommendation would be not to start. Store your would-be attachments in normal Windows folders and reference them from the transactions via URL or filename.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Attachments are stored, encrypted, inside your .QDF data file. The only way to retrieve them is via the Quicken desktop application.
    If you have not yet done a lot of attaching, my recommendation would be not to start. Store your would-be attachments in normal Windows folders and reference them from the transactions via URL or filename.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note that the Mobile/Web apps don’t support PDF files, only image files, and so that is most likely why they aren’t being synced.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Superdnaw
    Superdnaw Member
    Thank you very much. I just saved one using a jpeg and got it to show up in the mobile application