Quicken adds entries to my investment accounts "0/0/2027 MiscExp .

Options
poleikleng
poleikleng Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)
I have dozens of ghost entries to various accounts. 0/0/2027 Misc Exp. I have been deleting them manually for the past several years. I called Quicken support some time ago. They placed the blame on down loading from the institutions. I purchased a new PC reinstalled Quicken, restored my data. They began appearing again. I am a 30 year user and pay the annual fee. Not a new person on the block. How can I have this corrected? It has to be a programming error. Is there a way to delete them other than one at a time?
Thannks.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello @poleikleng,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. Select Validate file
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• poleikleng
    poleikleng Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja: Quicken Home & Business Version R32.12, Build 27.1.32. Windows 10 Home
    I had run validate and repair a number of times. I have been correcting the errors manually individually. I just ran Super Validate. The 0/0/2027 were still present. I discovered a work around I was not aware was there. I used the edit multiple transactions feature and deleted all 0/0/2027 entries. Probably 500 in various accounts. I have none at the moment but I am confident they will reappear. I cannot be the only user out here experiencing this issue. Thank you for your response and heading me in the right direction. If you have additional suggestions I would appreciate them. :)
  • poleikleng
    poleikleng Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Anja..
    I believe you have fixed my problem with the 0/0/2027 entries. I did as you suggested with the super validation. Since cleaning up the mess I have downloaded a number of times and no false entries have appeared. Thank you so much. I love Quicken. Some people golf, some fly airplanes and some of us live an exciting life doing Quicken. For those of you new to Quicken and if you ever go for a mortgage or loan, it is very helpful to the process to hand the loan arranger reports you can generate from Quicken. Net worth, income and expenses etc. The key is to keep very accurate records.
    Regards,
    Steve
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    @poleikleng You're welcome! And thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear that resolved the issue for you. (:

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Millersville
    Millersville Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had the same problem and will try this repair.
This discussion has been closed.