How do I reset two factor authentication with my credit union?

Options
When I originally set up my accounts my credit union had a series of security questions to answer for online access. I entered those answers the first time, and I assume Quicken saved the answers or a cookie was placed and I never had to answer them again to download my transactions. They recently switched two a two factor aunthentication where they text a code that I enter. I was able to access my accounts via their app, and on their website by completing that process. However when I try to download transactions with quicken I get the error: CC-506 Quicken is unable to update your account. This may be because the account was closed or its nickname was changed. I'm assuming that the credit union computer is trying to request that I click to get a text code and enter it, and quicken is not passing that request along to me. How do I go about re-setting Quicken so it will allow me to get a code via text message and verify my identity?

I'm using Quicken deluxe version R32-12 with the latest updates. My Credit Union is Discovery FCU in Wyomissing PA if that matters.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Rich C,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-506.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rich C
    Rich C Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick response. I went through all those steps (I had done all of it except deactivating my accounts and starting over already). After I deactivated all my accounts I started the "add new account" process to re-link my accounts. I got the error message "unable to connect to discovery FCU at this time" and "it's not your fault, try again later". Tried it a few times just to make sure, but no luck. I'll try again tomorrow.