I can't update accounts using One Step Update if my password has been changed.

Changed my password on the account website and now try One Step Update on Quicken. If I put the new password in One Step, Quicken won't update the account. If I put the old password in One Step, it will attempt an update but returns an error. To correct the error I can go the "Yes" or "No" to the did you change the password. Either way is roadblocks. I signed off of the quicken ID and signed back. Still no. What's next?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @1914TJackJr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, could you please try deactivating the account(s) experiencing this issue and then reactivating through Add Account (not through Set Up Now), please?

Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, be sure to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• 1914TJackJr
    1914TJackJr Member
    Thank you for the help, but it didn’t work. I am on Version R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12, Windows 10 enterprise.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1914TJackJr said: Changed my password on the bank account website and now try One Step Update on Quicken.
    what bank or brokerage ?
    Does the new password have any special chars - and how many chars long ?
    Sometimes there are different rules for the actual bank website login vs what they tell Quicken to accept

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• todd kelsey
    todd kelsey Member
    I have the same issue after changing my banking password with Regions Bank. I know have to have a special character in my password. Can Quicken handle a special character in the password? I have Build R32.12 and 27.1.32.12. I have deactivated and reactivated and it didn't work. Please advise.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're connecting to "Regions Bank" (and your Download Protocol in the Account List is shown as Direct Connect), you should be able to use special characters in your password.
    If you're connecting to "Regions Bank - Web Connect" (and your Download Protocol is shown as Express Web Connect), you should be able to use special characters in your password, but ...
    Does your password contain any special characters other than A...Z, a...z, 0...9? If so, which ones?  Express Web Connect - connected accounts cannot use these characters in passwords:  & < > \ or /
    Some passwords are "case sensitive", i.e., "PASSWORD" is not equal to "password" or "Password"
    Quicken limits passwords to 16 characters or less.
    In some instances, a password typed or pasted into the field with a trailing blank may cause problems until you remove the trailing blank

Have you tried this yet (if your bank recently changed their website or password requirements)?

How to refresh financial institution information (Branding)

Please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-uses-incorrect-url-online-banking
    If that doesn't resolve the issue:

• It is the bank's or biller's contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change and any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's upper level management.
    • Also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and report this Online Banking issue, so that Intuit Inc. can be notified of the issue.  Ultimately, however, the bank must work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.

Please let us know if you were able to get this issue resolved (or not).

• todd kelsey
    todd kelsey Member
    edited April 2021
    I am using "Regions Bank" Direct connect method. My password does contain a !. All of a sudden yesterday AM, Quicken worked like normal, but today, it wont work again with the Regions Password. Regions says it is not them and is requesting my Com and OFX logs. Please send them to [email removed - privacy] ASAP. And yes, I refreshed all my Banking profiles in quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hi @todd kelsey ,

The files that are being requested by the bank are likely files that you can download from your computer and send to the bank yourself.  This is certainly true with respect to the OFX log, but I think you may have the name of the other log incorrect (I think they are looking for your CONN log).

To obtain your log files:

1) Open Quicken >  Go to "Help" > "Log Files";
    2) Click on the file name that you want to downoad > in the pop-up window, select "Save As...";
    3) Save the file to your desktop (or in an other location).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• todd kelsey
    todd kelsey Member
    ok, your software and regions communicated on Weds with no problems. Thursday and today it will not. Quicken will not accept the password for Regions and try to communicate at all. What do I need to do now. Thank you.
  • todd kelsey
    todd kelsey Member
    Quicken Screen - Please enter your password and it has Regions Bank in screen. You click on Regions Bank and Nothing happens and then your only option is the ok button. If you go back to One Step update settings and you enter the password to the right of Regions Bank and you select the save button, it still won't connect and will ask you to enter your password for Regions Bank again. Over and Over.
  • Jtburney
    Jtburney Member
    :/ Same issue. I am using special character # but am not allowed to enter my new password into Quicken. I get OL-332-A when I try to download from Regions Bank because I am not able to update my password in Quicken. It allows me to enter and update with other variations without a special character but want allow the change with a # included.

I had to update my password at Regions Bank and the special character is required now. Very frustrating. I am not sure why Quicken cares what the password format is since it is just passing that information to the bank when I Direct Connect.
This discussion has been closed.