Quicken 6.1.1 for Mac - change credit card number

SueMc
SueMc Member ✭✭
How can I update a credit card account with a new number so I can continue to download transactions into the same account? Running Mac 6.1.1

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @SueMc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

SueMc said:
    I don't see an option to "Deactivate"
    Please, refer to this support article for instructions on how to deactivate an account, then follow the instructions found in this support article to reactivate.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I have had a few CCs replaced because of suspicious activity.

You go into that account settings, and deactivate the account. Save, and then go in and reactivate the account, and when the new CC # is displayed, make sure you change the Action column to Link to (the old account name). This will cause the transactions to go into the same account.

• SueMc
    SueMc Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback but I don't see an option to "Deactivate" in QMac 6.1.1:
    "Settings" (from the Accounts Drop-down from top menu OR the small wheel at the bottom right) only offer 3 tabs: •"Details" (Account name, Description, Currency, Type)
    •"Downloads" (Connect Account) and
    •"Display Options" (Hide account in Lists, Keep Account Separate, Mark Account Closed)
    Thoughts?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @SueMc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

SueMc said:
    I don't see an option to "Deactivate"
    Please, refer to this support article for instructions on how to deactivate an account, then follow the instructions found in this support article to reactivate.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.