Closed account continues to try and sync when online banking is performed

Had an account hacked, who hasn't. Didn't deactivate the online connection, just CLOSED the account. Quicken still keeps trying to sync the account every time I perform the One Step Update. Shouldn't closing the account deactivate the account? Since the account is closed and I can't "re-open" it to deactivate it and close it again. What do I do? Really tired of getting the error.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Theoretically, marking an account as closed in Quicken should have correctly deactivated the connection when you marked the account as closed ... practically, there could have been a bug or problem communicating with the servers which prevented this from working ... I can only guess. Maybe the following helps ...

Let's do some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Just clarifying, you "Closed" the account in Quicken, you aren't referring to the financial institution closing the account and creating another account.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list