Memo is not being entered from QFX

Comments

• Lee E. Foster
    Lee E. Foster Member ✭✭
    Recently, Quicken stopped reporting the actual "Downloaded Memo" from the QFX file, and began substituting the word "CHECK". Trashed a lot of info from several banks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently, Quicken stopped reporting the actual "Downloaded Memo" from the QFX file, and began substituting the word "CHECK". Trashed a lot of info from several banks.

That sounds to me like a Renaming Rule has gone off the rails and needs to be deleted.
    Please provide more details on some of these transactions.
  • Lee E. Foster
    Lee E. Foster Member ✭✭
    Question for UKR:
    Rename rules for Memos? How?
    Quicken does rename AUTOMATIC entries that are done via account
    TRANSFERs; but I can not recall knowing of any means of renaming memos except manually.

A mistaken FIND/REPLACE could effect the actual memo.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renaming Rules use a combination of downloaded Payee and downloaded Memo text to determine what actual Payee Name to put on a new transaction. Then a Memorized Payee List (MPL) entry of the same Payee Name is used to create the new transaction. If the Memo field in the MPL entry is blank, the downloaded Memo text is copied into the new transaction's Memo text field as is.
    As I said before, please provide more details on bad transactions. What's downloaded? What appears in your register? What should it be?
    To see what's downloaded go to Help / Log Files. Access the OFX log file. Scroll down to the very bottom and search backwards until you find one of those transactions.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.