Has anyone successfully connected a Schwab Retirement Account to quicken?

johngrundy
johngrundy Member ✭✭
Has anyone successfully connected a Schwab Retirement Account to quicken? I recently started a new 401K through my employer and can't seem to get the Direct Connect to work (ie log-in and find my account)

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @johngrundy

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue although, I apologize that you have not received a response.

What is the exact error message that you receive when you try to connect? In Quicken the Schwab Retirement URL is www.schwabplan.com. Are you able to sign into this website?

Please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting this issue to find a resolution.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • I too am having this issue trying to connect Quicken to Schwab Retirement Plan Services. The error says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" Followed by "Account information may contain bad or invalid characters such as spaces."

My login is an email address with only alpha characters (and the "@") and password is alpha-numeric with no special characters.

Contacted Schwab and they were unable to assist.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I too am having this issue trying to connect Quicken to Schwab Retirement Plan Services. The error says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" Followed by "Account information may contain bad or invalid characters such as spaces."

My login is an email address with only alpha characters (and the "@) and password is alpha-numeric with no special characters.

Contacted Schwab and they were unable to assist.
    Hello @JasonAlbanus,      

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Since this is an older post that was originally created back in April 2021, it is less likely to receive an answer now. I suggest creating a new post for better visibility and to potentially receive responses from other users who may currently be experiencing the same problem. Doing so will also assist us with better tracking ability in the event that this issue may result in an escalation being required.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.