Re Vanguard Target Retire Trust Plus Funds - Download daily quote without ticker?

Options
iusdcm1
iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
My company invests in these institutional funds for employees via Fidelity. These are institutional funds without ticker symbols. Has anyone found a way to download the daily quote of these funds to Quicken via Fidelity Direct Connect?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When a security isn’t public/has no security there are only two possible sources for the prices, the broker and manual entry, because no quote service (including the one Quicken uses) can provide them.

So in general what happens in these cases are that the security/transactions are downloaded by CUSIP, and in that information is supposed to be the current price.  So it is entirely up to the financial institution to provide this information.

Note it has been noted that Fidelity is “extremely slow” on updating/sending out prices.  As in it does early the next day, with the date that they did it.  As they will send out the Monday closing price in the morning of Tuesday with a date of Tuesday.

If you aren’t even getting this price then whatever the reason Fidelity isn’t even updating/sending it out in the OFX data.  It’s a bit hard to read, but what they are sending is in the OFX log.  Help -> Log Files -> OFX Log.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    So this is a retirement (401K) account?  Did you try setting up your connection with Fidelity NetBenefits or Fidelity Investments? 
    Fidelity NetBenefits is the site for 401K accounts downloads.  However, whether or not your 401K account data can be downloaded there depends on what the contract your employer has with Fidelity allows/requires Fidelity to do.
    If you cannot set up connection/download via DC with Fidelity NetBenefits then find out what formats they support for manual downloads and we can explore that path some.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• iusdcm1
    iusdcm1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thanks, I was able to set up direct connect with Fidelity but it doesn’t seem to be updating the quote for this fund without a cusip. Thanks for both your comments they are helpful and I will check out your advice.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    iusdcm1 said:
    Thanks, I was able to set up direct connect with Fidelity but it doesn’t seem to be updating the quote for this fund without a cusip. Thanks for both your comments they are helpful and I will check out your advise.
    I doubt that you would get downloaded transactions without it having a CUSIP, but what will lack is the "public" Symbol needed to download quotes from Quicken quote provider.

EDIT: The CUSIP ID is on the security list (Ctrl+Y)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/