Error CC-506: Can we just get it fixed already?

Options
DevNull
DevNull Member ✭✭
These CC-506 errors have seriously been going on for a long time. Don't know if it's bad code or memory or DB on Quicken part or bad on banking end given all the extra texting/phone verification beezwax. But seriously, isn't it high time Quicken resolved this issue?

It seems for me that the problem is I have an account at BanX called Checking xxx and one at BankY called Checking yyy. In Quicken they are known as BY1 and BX2. Now, silly me, I just kinda figured that once I "mapped" them in Quicken, that that would be that. But uhhmmm NO!

Will give credit that Quicken did add the "Reset Account" option under the On-Line tab of account details and it does work for the session, sort of, a couple years back. Once I get it to work, it throws an Orange triangle on the account and I have to do it again. Keep in mind, one also has to go through the added steps of getting a validation code from the bank each danged time.

Next time you open Quicken? Rinse and repeat all over again. I can see where this could happen when banks change account naming, which does happen, but is seldom. So why can't Quicken find a way to remember the mappings? Seems as though saving users time would be a value add. And let us not forget that it does not seem to matter whether you call your bank's support line or Quicken support - it's always the other guy's fault.

FWIW: I use Web Connect instead of paying for Direct Connect, aka the premium ($$) service, with each bank I use.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DevNull,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-506.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DevNull,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-506.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.