Can I import CSV files from my bank into quicken?

In particular, my credit card does not support quicken; however, I can download a CSV file of my transactions. It I could import the transactions that way, it would be just as good to me. Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you haven't already, you may want to consider using ImportQIF.
  • DarthVogel
    DarthVogel Member ✭✭
    Thank you Sherlock. I nosed around and found the QIF format and was able to make a program that would do the same thing. I'm sure this guy's is more sophisticated than mine. Hopefully he is willing to put his code u on github!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Sherlock. I nosed around and found the QIF format and was able to make a program that would do the same thing. I'm sure this guy's is more sophisticated than mine. Hopefully he is willing to put his code u on github!
    I'm the author of ImportQIF.  I thought about making it open source, but in fact there isn't any point, and I'm not even sure it would be legal.  It is written in Perl, but the GUI is dependent on ActivePerl and they don't even sell the tool kit any more for creating a binary.  And converting the GUI not only would be quite a job, there is any real clear winner that wouldn't "lock it into" yet another GUI that isn't really supported any more either.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DarthVogel
    DarthVogel Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW I really appreciate you chiming in here, I had no idea you'd ever see this post. I was going to ask that on your website. I understand where are coming from questioning if you should go open source on that. I appreciate that you took the time to make it an now freely share it out. There are two reasons I was asking for that, 1) My understanding only scratches the surface of this stuff and you've obviously spent years working on this, so there is a lot to learn from it. 2) Being a software guy myself, I'm not always ready to just hop on a webpage and download a binary I no nothing about. Usually when faced with that I opt to make my own if I know enough and have the time. It means a lot to me that you are willing to reach out, it makes you less anonymous and unknowable and makes me willing to download your application. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share, and I understand if there are problems making the code public.
This discussion has been closed.