One Step Update Not Working

:'( One Step update is not closing properly. It runs (sort of) but I don't get a summary report but some accounts show they have been updated. When I try to accept the transaction in the account, I can't put in a Category. The transaction stays in the 'Download' transaction. The only way to get the transaction into the account, I must do an 'Accept All' then go back and add the Category. If I try to close Quicken, a get a message 'One Step Update is still in Progress. Please wait until finished'. But I can't find any evidence it is running. The only way to get out of the program is 'Ctrl+Alt+D.

Quicken is up to date. Not sure if I should follow the instructions to change the file name in \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\QData folder and try to rerun Quicken. If so, I'll need to abnormally close the program. Is there something else I should do?

Thanks,
Gayle

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again Gayle,

Based on your initial post - it seemed to me like there could be an issue with your data file. So, yes, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for some direct help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @G_Lipsig,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connect Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• G_Lipsig
    G_Lipsig Member ✭✭
    I have a ? Do I actually sign out and reply 'yes'? Then sign back in with the same user ID. I don't want to mess up my accounts. I can't even do a backup because Quicken still thinks it is running a 'One-step Update' so the only way out is a Ctrl+Alt+D.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @G_Lipsig,

Yes - you should actually sign-out and then sign-back-in using the same user ID.  I have done this many times and there has been no adverse effects.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• G_Lipsig
    G_Lipsig Member ✭✭
    Frankx, thanks for the quick response. I've signed out and signed back in but I am still getting a message that I can't close Quicken because One-step update is still running. This is a new problem so I wonder if the last update caused the issue.
    Think I will have to go to Chat or On-line Help to get this resolved unless you have any other thoughts.
    Thank,
    Gayle
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again Gayle,

Based on your initial post - it seemed to me like there could be an issue with your data file. So, yes, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for some direct help.

Frankx