I'm not sure if Quicken can help me, so I need advice.

I have a large tax business and 3 of my clients want me to start keeping books for them.
Can I use Quicken for multiple businesses or just one.
Tagged:

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A conditional YES.
    Do you plan to buy a separate license for Quicken for each client?
    Will the clients expect to have a copy of the data file to look at on their own computers at home?
    You can create a separate data file for each client which is 100% completely separate from the other client's files, but if you only use a single license, they will all be associated with the same Quicken Id and therefore be accessible by anyone with knowledge of the Quicken Id/Password if QMobile is implemented.
    You need to tell us more about how you plan to handle this before anyone can come close to giving you a complete answer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create as many Quicken data files as you wish, so each client would have their own file.  But if these are really businesses you may find Quickbooks more suitable as Quicken in more of a "personal financial" product. 
  • rowforfun
    rowforfun Member
    thank you, I'll keep looking. I'm not a Quickbooks fan.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can try Quicken for up to 30 days (I believe) and then ask for a refund if it doesn't meet your purposes.  Try it with one client, the one with the most complexity in their business.
This discussion has been closed.