Program very slow to start and freezes after account transaction download

KJohnson
KJohnson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
Very frustrating. WIndows version starts incredibly slow if at all and if eventually successful, freezes after transaction download. Task Manager shows Quicken not responding and Antimalware executable running a high percentage of CPU use! ANy suggestion to fix?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @KJohnson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud. 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web 

2. Click Reset your cloud data. 

Please let me know if the behavior improves after completing these steps.

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • KJohnson
    KJohnson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Don't use the mobile version. Problem turned out to be WIndows Defender Firewall which I added as a "trusted" application. SHould be automatic.
    As an original user from the old Mountain View days, finding many many bugs in Quicken.
  • luscioa
    luscioa Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    I am having same problem. Quicken is rendered useless.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @luscioa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running. This can help isolate if an issue is related to a specific release.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend performing the steps available here. Please let us know if any of these steps work to resolve the performance issue Quicken is experiencing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • luscioa
    luscioa Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    R32.12 build 27.1.32.12 windows 10 home
This discussion has been closed.