Program very slow to start and freezes after account transaction download

Very frustrating. WIndows version starts incredibly slow if at all and if eventually successful, freezes after transaction download. Task Manager shows Quicken not responding and Antimalware executable running a high percentage of CPU use! ANy suggestion to fix?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @KJohnson

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing this trouble.

If you have not done so already, I would start by resetting the Quicken cloud. 

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web 

2. Click Reset your cloud data. 

Please let me know if the behavior improves after completing these steps.

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • KJohnson
    KJohnson Member ✭✭
    Don't use the mobile version. Problem turned out to be WIndows Defender Firewall which I added as a "trusted" application. SHould be automatic.
    As an original user from the old Mountain View days, finding many many bugs in Quicken.
  • luscioa
    luscioa Member
    I am having same problem. Quicken is rendered useless.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @luscioa

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. May I ask that you please navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running. This can help isolate if an issue is related to a specific release.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend performing the steps available here. Please let us know if any of these steps work to resolve the performance issue Quicken is experiencing.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • luscioa
    luscioa Member
    R32.12 build 27.1.32.12 windows 10 home
This discussion has been closed.