Carolina Federal Credit Union Issues CC-501

FPGFHFMA
FPGFHFMA Member ✭✭
1) My hard drive had to be replaced.
2) My subscription ran out
3) I really only want Quicken for the reconciliation process
4) Bought the Starter edition for widows
5) CFTCU did a system update
I can no longer connect without getting CC-501.
I have tried resetting, deactivating, deleting actually everything the support articles said.
I will say deleting all the accounts and starting worked once but one step updates after that were right back with CC-501
CTFCU uses MFA but previously on my deluxe version before my harddrive crash it handled it with no problem. When I do one step update I don't get asked the MFA question.
However, when I do the reset account I do get asked the MFA question but yet I don't have success updating the account. I did email my bank and ask if they are still supporting Quicken I have not received a reply as of today. They are listed in Quicken as a supported entity.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @FPGFHFMA

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for letting us know the additional steps you took as well. To start off here since you've already done the article we can attempt something else to see if it may resolve the issue without collecting logs. Lets try seeing we might be able to get a bit further by signing out and back into the program to see if that may help with connecting to the server. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get the chance to sign out and in let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @FPGFHFMA

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Thank you for letting us know the additional steps you took as well. To start off here since you've already done the article we can attempt something else to see if it may resolve the issue without collecting logs. Lets try seeing we might be able to get a bit further by signing out and back into the program to see if that may help with connecting to the server. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get the chance to sign out and in let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• FPGFHFMA
    FPGFHFMA Member ✭✭
    Francisco, Thank you that did the trick. I signed out signed back in it took a few minutes to sync then I tried the one-step update and it worked. I appreciate your advice and response to my inquiry.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @FPGFHFMA

Glad to hear you were able to get it up and running with the troubleshooting steps! If you do run into any other issues please let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • FPGFHFMA
    FPGFHFMA Member ✭✭
    Francisco The success was short-lived I once again have the CC-501 error. signing out and then back in does not fix it anymore I do not know what is wrong.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @FPGFHFMA

Thanks for the update. If that is the case I would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to double check to see exactly what is causing the issue. Additionally your FI could also be experiencing issues that a number of CU's are currently seeing as well. I'll leave the alert down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7893969/new-5-17-21-cc-501-errors-returned-for-multiple-financial-institutions

I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you if you would like to contact Quicken.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.