Adjust Investment Register Columns in Quicken Home and Business R32.10

1) How do you select which columns to include in the investment register?
2) How do you adjust the width of the columns in the investment register?
3) After the columns in one investment register have been adjusted, how do you apply those settings / preferences to other investment registers?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, @Jim_Harman is wrong about investment columns for question #3.

For good (works out for @eddy870499 in this case) or ill (if a person wanted them to be different) the investment account column adjustment is one for all accounts.

Quicken didn't in fact automatically apply the column settings to all the registers, it is that all the registers refer to one set of settings.  That goes for all of the settings, as in there is only this one dialog:

The non investment accounts on the other hand have individual settings for each account.  And so if you want the columns to be the same you have to use the setting that pushes out those column settings to other "like account types".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    1) You can't, they are fixed and depend on the transaction selected.

2) Click and drag a divider between column headings. The Description column is multi-use and has a quite-wide minimum width.

3) You must set them separately in each transaction list. [correction - changing the widths in one account affects all investing accounts]
    QWin Premier subscription
  • eddy870499
    eddy870499 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your response Jim. Appreciate it.
    1) Disappointed ... but ok.
    2) I used the click and drag ... worked fine.
    3) To my surprise, after adjusting the columns in one account I found the columns were also adjusted to the same widths in other investment accounts as well.

A while ago I had adjusted the columns in my credit card accounts and there was a tool in those accounts where I could manually select which columns to display AND to apply the column widths from one account to other credit card accounts. I was expecting to find something similar for the investment accounts ... but it's not there. So I was pleasantly surprised when the system automatically applied to all investment accounts.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, @Jim_Harman is wrong about investment columns for question #3.

For good (works out for @eddy870499 in this case) or ill (if a person wanted them to be different) the investment account column adjustment is one for all accounts.

Quicken didn't in fact automatically apply the column settings to all the registers, it is that all the registers refer to one set of settings.  That goes for all of the settings, as in there is only this one dialog:

The non investment accounts on the other hand have individual settings for each account.  And so if you want the columns to be the same you have to use the setting that pushes out those column settings to other "like account types".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • eddy870499
    eddy870499 Member ✭✭
    Thank You Chris_QPW ... that was very helpful.