Can't change plan from Starter to Deluxe

I want to set up a 12 month budget, something apparently not allowed in the Starter version. When I click "Manage Subscription" -> "Change Plan", I'm sent to a popup window that has a button for Deluxe/upgrade. When I try to click on it, my cursor turns to a stop sign. Thoughts?

Best Answer

• Unrenormalized
    Unrenormalized Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for getting back to me. I contacted support and a very helpful agent ascertained that the problem was on the Quicken side: the website was not correctly responding to the upgrade request. He took my information over the phone and instigated the upgrade for me. So my problem was resolved, but the website problem seems to be unresolved.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Unrenormalized

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with upgrading. I would recommend taking a look at the article here for more information on changing your subscription version. It'll go through how to upgrade using the website. I'll leave a link down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription

Once you've done so let us know if you're able to upgrade.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• I"ve done exactly what is suggested on that page. When I get to the final screen, which is headed "Change Plan", under the "Other Options" tab, there is a box for "Deluxe", which I would like to choose. When I try to click on the "Upgrade" button in that box, my cursor turns into a circle with a line through it ("stop sign") and I cannot click the button. I've also tried to do this directly from Quicken and failed.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Unrenormalized

Thanks for the update. That is odd why it's not letting you. If that is the case I would recommend seeing if you're able to try again in another browser if it might work. If it does not I would recommend  Quicken Support so we're able to help you and figure out what could be causing the issue. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Thanks for your help. Often it is the browser, but apparently not this time. I had been using Safari, so I switched to Chrome and then Firefox, and in all cases encountered the same dead end. I'll contact support during business hours tomorrow. Thanks again for trying.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Unrenormalized

I'm wondering what it is that's preventing you from upgrading. When you are in contact with support I would mention it as well so that we're able to add it to our notes and take a look. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Unrenormalized
    Unrenormalized Member
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for getting back to me. I contacted support and a very helpful agent ascertained that the problem was on the Quicken side: the website was not correctly responding to the upgrade request. He took my information over the phone and instigated the upgrade for me. So my problem was resolved, but the website problem seems to be unresolved.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Unrenormalized

Thanks for the update. Thanks for also alerting us about the website so we can take a look into figuring out what exactly is causing the issue. If you have any more questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Mmtek
    Mmtek Member
    I have the same problem, the manage account page does not let you manage your account i.e. the upgrade buttons on the other plans are not clickable - it shows the "no entry sign" with no explanation.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Mmtek  As indicated above, if you're trying to change the level of your subscription mid-subscription, you should contact Quicken Support in order do do that. They seem not to have upgrade and downgrade options working via the website.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dms-va
    dms-va Member
    Truly amazing that months later such a basic problem still hasn't been fixed. Still cannot change subscription plans on the website, whether Mac Safari or Windows Chrome or anything else. Don't really feel like spending half an hour on the phone so guess I'm just stuck with the plan I have.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Switching plans in the middle of a subscription requires calculating a pro-rated cost, which the website is apparently not set to handle. You can use phone or chat support at a time when they aren't busy, and it shouldn't take long at all. (I just now looked, and the wait time for phone is 7 minutes, wait time for chat is 6 minutes.) So you're not stuck on the plan you have if you invest a few minutes getting it changed. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.