Synchrony Bank & Associated Cards Error CC-501/101 & CC-502/102 (Windows & Mac)

Answers

• fuchsia70
    fuchsia70 Member
    I keep getting a password error (CC-503) on my Synchrony Care Credit and Synchrony Car Care accounts. I even tried deactivating online service and setting it up again from scratch and it still didn't work. I know for a fact my password is correct because I changed it on Synchrony's site and used the updated password in Quicken. I am able to directly download from Synchrony's site and it imports into Quicken without problems but that is sort of a pain in the butt.
  • galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭✭
    It appears the problem is bigger than Quicken. I am not able to log into my Synchrony account via its website or via Amazon.
  • mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    Have been having same problem (cc-502) with two Synchrony accounts for the past few days. For one of those two accounts, when I log in direct (outside of Quicken) I also get an error so I suspect his is a Synchrony issue and not a Quicken issue.
  • mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭
    ... and just attempted direct login outside of Quicken with the second Synchrony account with the same error message. Definitely not a Quicken issue.
  • Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I am able to login to the synchrony accounts, but it appears they may have changed the login page on some of the accounts.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Synchrony Credit Cards have their own Login, like Amazon.com Store Credit Card.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• lkrupp
    lkrupp Member ✭✭✭
    I currently have three Synchrony cards that are not functioning, BP Gas, JC Penny, and Sam’s Club with the error “Service not available” or “Timed Out"
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I still have 2 Synchrony credit card accounts throwing off the CC-501 error - Sam's and JCPenny.  I can successfully log-in to my accounts on the web.

Is there any timeline on when connectivity will be functional?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    I am still receiving cc-502 on all of my synchrony bank accounts. I have reported this to support, as well as sent data file on 7/18 and 7/19. I tried to "reset" my Amazon account, got an error "It's not your fault" now that account is "offline" to Quicken.

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.13. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    synchrony bank updating accounts 502 error as of Saturday July 17, 2021
  • Donald Brooks
    Donald Brooks Member ✭✭✭
    My last update was July 13. Have tried multiple attempts to reactivate accounts and get error 502. This is for both my Lowe's care and Amazon card. I have deactivated both accounts and now get "oops. There is a connection problem." Error 502.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried doing Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now) instead of OSU?  Sometimes that will resolve the issue.
    If you have not already done so, you might want to read this Support Article: Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502 [Support Article].
    Also, there is an Alert posted regarding Synchrony and CC-502 error code:  ONGOING: 7/7/21 Synchrony Bank & Associated Cards Return CC-502/102 Error.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    I have done that. This is new and it is probably the banks fault as they had problems on Saturday after maintenance to their system.
  • Nod
    Nod Member ✭✭
    Having same problem here. After deactivating on line, you cannot do update via gear icon, nor can you reactivate on line by re-entering user ID and PW. error cc-502 persistent.
  • Nod
    Nod Member ✭✭
    Synchrony Bank has suggested contact Quicken, thanks for the help, lol
  • Nod
    Nod Member ✭✭
    Able to go to SYF web site to view accont(s) successfully. (samsclub.syf.com)
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    Quicken is going to have to fix it but you can't just contact quicken with a problem without sending in logs etc.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @lakemann

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. We are aware and it is being currently being worked on. At this time there is no ETA. If you would like to be notified about any updates or resolutions follow this link. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2021
    Nod said:
    Having same problem here. After deactivating on line, you cannot do update via gear icon, nor can you reactivate on line by re-entering user ID and PW. error cc-502 persistent.
    Using the deactivate/reactivate process to fix a CC-502 error is not recommended as it can create other issues:  Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502 [Support Article].
    Fortunately, usually it will not create other issues but if/when these other issues do occur they can be very difficult to resolve.  So, it's just a good idea to follow the guidance on this.

• Nod
    Nod Member ✭✭
    also, when i try to activate on-line, a telephone number, supposedly for Synchrony Bank (samsclub.syf.com) shows up (1-770-433-82110). Call it, but don't be surprised to hear......thanks for calling Home Depot.\ Atlanta Support. WHAT ????
  • Boatnmaniac
    Nod said:
    Synchrony Bank has suggested contact Quicken, thanks for the help, lol
    CC-XXX error codes are usually issues that Quicken needs to fix, either within Quicken or in conjunction with the FI.  Syncrhony gave you the appropriate response.  And as noted in the Support Article and in the Alert referenced above, people experiencing this CC-502 issue should contact Quicken Support.

• Boatnmaniac
    Nod said:
    Able to go to SYF web site to view accont(s) successfully. (samsclub.syf.com)
    Good to hear that you can log into your online account. 
    FYI:  How we log into our FI online accounts and how Quicken does are different from each other.  If we cannot log into our online account then usually Quicken cannot log in.  But usually if Quicken cannot log in we are still able to log into our online account.

• Boatnmaniac
    lakemann said:
    Quicken is going to have to fix it but you can't just contact quicken with a problem without sending in logs etc.
    Yes, sometimes they do request logs because that can help them identify what the cause of the issue might be.  But a lot of times I have found they do not.  Maybe in this case, because it is already an Alert issue, they won't require it.  No matter what, just because they request logs does not mean we need to comply with that request.  Of course, the consequence of not complying might be that getting the issue fixed might take longer.

• mpeachey
    mpeachey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2021
    This has been going for weeks? [removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • Nod
    Nod Member ✭✭
    I've also found that you need to insert the correct "Financial Institution" name into Quicken for proper connections. Currently, Quicken suggests "Sam's Club Personal Credit Accoun". Notice that the last "T" is missing from account.
  • HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken: 34.20
    Connection Method: Web Connect

Last successful download I had for these credit cards was July 16.  Since then I've been getting a CC-502 for each of the above accounts.  By the way each is managed by Synchrony Financial.  

Thanks
      --Howard
  • mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭
    I have been trying to download my Sam's and Lowe's credit card transactions for days and I know from past experience they share some of the same servers, any idea when it will be fixed?
  • Boatnmaniac
    These are all Synchrony credit cards.  There is an ongoing CC-502 issue with Synchrony accounts.  See the following Alert:  ONGOING: 7/7/21 Synchrony Bank & Associated Cards Return CC-502/102 Error.
    While this issue has been ongoing for a while it does appear that there has been a sudden uptick in CC-502 issues with Synchrony accounts being reported in this forum.  I, too, have now received the same CC-502 issue with my JCP credit card for the last couple of days.

• Rick4
    Rick4 Member ✭✭✭
    Very frustrating. It appears that the three credit card accounts that are no longer working for downloading transactions use Synchrony Bank (J.C. Penney's, Sam's MasterCard, and Lowe's Credit Card). I called Customer Service for each and they say they have made no system changes in the past week and that I should contact Quicken. I hope Quicken gets this fixed soon.
  • lakemann
    lakemann Member ✭✭
    It is also not working for The Belk Card, Verizon Card
This discussion has been closed.