Reactivating Online Services Added Extra Payment to Opening Balance [edited]

gdrozm
gdrozm Member ✭✭
When installing my Quicken data on a new computer I found that the One Step Update did not work for some of the accounts. Update Now fixed some as did the Reset option in Account Details. However, for one credit card account the Reset option added an unidentified "payment" amount to the opening balance. Nothing else in the account changed. The Reset option did not work for a checking account and I had to use Deactivate/Reactivate. This procedure also added an unidentified "payment" to the opening balance. Everything else in the account did not change. Removing this unidentified amount from both accounts brought them in balance with the financial institution. Also, the One step Update also now works for all these accounts.

The unidentified amount appears to be some accumulation of values rather than a single number from the database but I have not been able to determine how it was determined. I'm running version R33.24.

Answers

  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 16
    Hello @gdrozm,

    Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

    To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file by following the instructions provided below. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

    Validate
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair
    4. Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

    Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. File Operations
    3. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair
    4. Super Validate File
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

    Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • gdrozm
    gdrozm Member ✭✭
    Anja

    Thank you for your quick response. This is not an ongoing issue for me. It occurred after I initially installed Quicken on my new computer and I started to use the One Step Update. Some accounts worked the first time and others didn't. After using the Update Now or Reset options others also began working in the One Step Update program. However, for one credit card account the Reset option worked but it added a "payment" amount to the beginning balance of the account. Removing that amount brought it back in balance with the credit card company. The Reset did not work for a checking account and I had to use the Deactivate/Reactivate options. This process also added a "payment" to the beginning balance. Removing it brought the account back in balance with the bank. Everything else appeared to be the same for these two accounts when comparing old computer to new computer.

    For all accounts, including the two problem accounts, the One Step Update works fine with no mystery amounts added to any of the accounts. In this case, it appears to be a one time issue that has been resolved. The issue is how and why something was added to these accounts and not to others. When this first occurred I found comments from other users that had a similar issue and, in some cases, theirs appeared to be ongoing instead of one-time. Also, some stated that the Validate/Super Validate didn't seem to resolve the issue.

    Again, this doesn't appear to be an on-going issue for me. However, to me, it seems to be some type of software issue.

    Regards
    Glen
Sign In or Register to comment.